Have you ever been late to work, and speeded on your way, and unfortunately the officer gave you a ticket for speeding. Now, you have to take time off work, look for a court near you, and stand in a queue for hours before you can pay your dues, and you find out you have to pay more because you were just a day late! And then you have to drive back home, angry at how unfair this is, and then you are pulled over for road rage! And the cycle begins again.
Have you ever wondered if only there was a better way, if you could pay your dues from the comfort of your own home. Well, if you are from New Jersey, you are in luck. New Jersey Meadowlands Commision has created an online portal, www.njmcdirect.com for that purpose.
What is NJMCDirect?
NJMCDirect is an online portal, where you pay your dues to the district court from anywhere, at your own leisure, provided you have proper internet access, and a compatible browser installed on your device. You just need your court ticket, containing your court ID, prefix, and ticket number.
You also need your license number, as on your vehicle, and driving license, and a mode of online payment, credit or debit card, whether Visa or Mastercard. This is a fast, safe and convenient method of fine payment, taking minutes to pay your dues, and the data is not stored for more than 90 days, that can be accessed only by you and NJ district court employees, and the bill payment can be done by you at your own convenience.
The first thing you need to take care of the timings the portal is up for.The portal is active on Mondays to Thursdays at 4:30 AM – 11:15 PM (EST), Fridays at 4:30AM – 10:15PM (EST), Saturdays at 4:30AM – 3:15PM (EST), and Sundays at 1:00PM – 11:15PM (EST). Then you go may go ahead with your payment
How to Make Fine Payment Using NJMCDirect Portal
Fine payment by NJMCDirect is quick and easy, by following the given steps.
- Firstly you have to open the browser of your choice( Google chrome, Safari, Microsoft edge, Mozilla firefox etc.) in your device( Mobile or Laptop/ Chromebook/ PC). Then go to www.njmcdirect.com, the official website for NJMCDirect payments.
- On the portal, you will find two options, traffic ticket, municipal complaint, and then select the traffic ticket section. There, you shall enter the details asked for.
- Here you will type in the court ID/ name, ticket prefix, ticket number, and your license plate number, following which, you need to click on continue.
- After this step is executed, you can click on one of the two options now, click on ‘View NJMCDirect Ticket’ to see your NJMC ticket, the amount payable, and all fees( including late fees) involved, or on ‘Process NJMCDirect Ticket’ to go to the next payment window.
- Once you are on the payment page now, choose your mode of payment, credit or debit cards( Visa or Mastercard) to pay the fine. Then you will fill out your card details, and click on continue.
- The payment will be made, and you will be redirected to the printable receipt. You can now save a copy of the receipt anytime within the next 90 days, beyond which the portal may delete your receipt data.
- Thus, in these few easy steps, you can use the NJMCDirect.com portal to pay your traffic dues.
I hope this article was helpful to you, and was good for instructing you in how to access NJMCDirect in order to pay your traffic ticket online