> It’s another Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week is your favorite places to read )
1. The bathtub – This actually is my #1 favorite place to read. Not sure why exactly, but it’s sooooo relaxing to get into a bubble bath with a good book. And I’ve never accidentally dropped a book, either!
2. At work – OK, I work 12-hour long shifts as what is basically a security guard, so you can imagine the crazy reading time available to me here.
3. On the couch – Curled up with a blanket, this is heavenly. Sometimes it’s so comfy I fall asleep though!
4. On a porch swing – When I lived with my older sister, I loved grabbing a pillow and laying on the porch swing to read. It’s so peaceful, especially with the sun shining.
5. In a parked car – Back when I used to have an office job, I would go out to my car at lunchtime and read there for an hour. It was usually sunny and warm, and I’d sit in the passenger seat with the windows open. Unfortunately I don’t get to do this as often anymore, and reading while a car is moving makes me feel sick.
6. School – OK, I’m not in school anymore. But I really do miss reading in between classes and while waiting for my ride when I was in college. It’s the perfect time to squeeze a couple chapters in.
7. At a cafe or restaurant – As long as I have a book with me, I have no problem eating alone! Every now and then I’ll stop and eat somewhere before or after work, and I get to eat leisurely while reading. I probably look like such a sad loner, but it’s fun for me.
8. At the table – Pretty much the same principle as #7, except at home! I especially like reading at the table if I’m eating soup and bread.
9. In the kitchen while cooking – If you’re making something that requires a lot of waiting, this is another good place to get some reading done.
10. At a park or beach – I used to read in the grass at my favorite park all the time. And I really love to get a long beach chair and read in the sand. Unforunately it’s been AGES since I got to do either!
Man, this makes me want to go and read right now!