* Note to self… stop slouching….
Hey guys, here’s my IMM for February! And the books that I blab about in order…
- The Tattooed Duke by Maya Rodale
- How to Live on Mars by Robert Zubrin
- A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire
- The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon – SIGNED, 20th Anniversary Edition!
So that’s it! Hopefully I’ll remember to do March’s IMM on time, lol…
Hey ya’ll. I recorded this when I was pretty damn sleepy, and I have to get up for work in about… 3.5 hours now. I have bags under my eyes, I’m slouching, and I hit myself in my face with a book. Enjoy.
Here’s what I got In My Mailbox this week (hosted by The Story Siren. Check her out.)
- Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie
- The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber
- Simply Irrisistible by Jill Shalvis
- Sabriel by Garth Nix
- Alphabet of Thorn by Patricia A. McKillip
- Selected Poems by W.B. Yeats
- The Kingdom of Gods by N.K. Jemisin
- Incendiary by Chris Cleave
- A War of Gifts by Orson Scott Card
- The Mermaid’s Mirror by L.K. Madigan
- Landmark by The Staff of the Washington Post
- The Compleat Works of Wllm Shkspr by The Reduced Shakespeare Co.
Hey ya’ll. So In My Mailbox is hosted weekly by The Story Siren. BTW, lol I didn’t notice that bump in my hair until I was done… and I was entirely too lazy to put up my hair and record all of this again. Here’s what I acquired in September – in no particular order, because I’m a dummy and didn’t keep them stacked in the order I mentioned them…
- Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie
- One Day It’ll All Make Sense by Common
- Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
- Stem Cell Now by Christopher Thomas Scott
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba
- Catching Fire; How Cooking Made Us Human by Richard Wrangham
- Tolstoy and the Purple Chair by Nina Sankovitch
- Fallin’ Up; My Story by Taboo
- My Fair Lazy by Jen Lancaster
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
- Beneath the Thirteen Moons by Kathryne Kennedy
- The Return of the Bunny Suicides by Andy Riley
- Godmother by Carolyn Turgeon
- The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel by Diana Gabaldon
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- The Moon and Sixpence by W. Somerset Maugham
- My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
- A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
- The Postmortal by Drew Magary – thanks to Anastasia at The Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog!!!
- Love Poems and Sonnets of William Shakespeare
- Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
- Millie’s Fling by Jill Mansell
- Songs of Love and Death anthology
- Anthem: A Graphic Novel by Ayn Rand
- Elixir by Hilary Duff
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire audio cassette
Sarah update: So due to a medical thingy I had LAST Friday, I was feeling pretty crappy this week. I still worked most of my shifts in the beginning of the week because I was told I could. Wednesday my little sister Amanda and baby nephew L came into town and I hung out with them, but running around with them visiting people was tiring me out. Plus my little brother’s dog jumped on my stomach and after that I started having more pain. By Thursday morning I called the nurse and I went to the doctor’s office and it was discovered I have / had a mild ovarian issue going on, so they put me on bedrest for this weekend. So from Thursday on I’ve pretty much been sitting / laying around the apartment and only getting up like once in a while. And the poor honeyman has been AMAZING at taking care of me – running all of the errands, making me food, getting stuff for me so I wouldn’t have to get up, laundry, etc. He’s just been the BEST. I’m feeling a bit better today, so I’m hoping that when I go to my follow-up appointment tomorrow they’ll give me the clearance to go back to work. I’m not gonna lie though – I really needed the rest. I was starting to go slightly mad working like 68 hours a week, and I’m hoping that when I go back to work we’ll at least be training a new person so my hours go back to normal. Oh and on Thursday night Amanda & L stayed one more night, and big sister Heather came over too and we all sat around and watched Friends and the honeyman went out and got us ice cream. It was fun, I never get to hang out with both my sisters at once
Bookish Update: Nada. I signed up for an impromptu readathon for this weekend, but I’ve failed miserably at that. It’s dark and gloomy outside, which makes me sleepy. Plus I’m not allowed to have caffeine right now, so yeah… makes reading for long periods of time pretty much impossible. I did read a bit more of Drums of Autumn, and I’m about 65 pages into Treasure Island. And reading Treasure Island TOTALLY makes me want to find and watch the Muppet version. I’m pretty much giving up on big hopes of getting a ton of reading done until my work hours go back to normal. But I am hoping to get a couple hundred pages in today. We’ll see.
Happy Sunday and have a great week!
Here’s my IMM for August! In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren, visit there for more info about participating!
- A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde
- Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire
- Perfect Fudge by Hazel M. Larsen
- Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb
- Serenity: Those Left Behind
- Shalako by Louis L’Amour
- Narcissus and Goldmund by Herman Hesse
- Sign of the Qin by L.G. Bass
- Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me by Chelsea’s Family, Friends, and other victims
- Bloodroot by Amy Greene
Also, mentioned Jenn at Booksessed so check her out. I bought good books at her recommendation!
That’s all I got! Whatcha got in your mailbox?
Hi guys! Here’s my IMM post for the books I bought in the last month. In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren, you should visit there for more info and to participate!
I talk a lot. And I’m a huge dork. Here’s the books mentioned:
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- Eat Slay Love by Jesse Petersen
- Beowulf translated byBurton Raffel
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
- Medea by Euripides
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- The Magicians by Lev Grossman
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- Ice Cream & Sadness (Cyanide & Happiness Volume 2) by Kris, Rob, Matt, and Dave
- Outlander (20th Anniversary Edition) by Diana Gabaldon
- Growing Up X by Ilyasah Shabazz
- Sacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo
- Last Chance by Jill Marie Landis
- Nantucket Nights by Elin Hilderbrand
- Spindle’s End by Robin McKinley
- Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
- Banagrams: The Official Book
- Lost and Found by Jacqueline Sheehan
- Nightwatch by Sergei Lukyanenko
- Trickster’s Choice by Tamora Pierce
- American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
- Tears for Water by Alicia Keyes
- The Beach House by Jane Green
- The Secret Life of Josephine by Carolly Erickson
- (forgot to mention this one, because I’m reading it now) The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons
And that’s it! Almost thirty books in one month… wow. I blame it on Borders closing
If you’ve read or know anything about any of these, leave me a comment and let me know! Have a good Sunday!
Hey errbody. So this is my pitifully small IMM. In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren, you should check it out.
Books mentioned this week:
Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn
The Sleeping Beauty by Mercedes Lackey
An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
The Violets of March by Sarah Jio
From Eternity to Here by Sean Carroll
Godmother by Carolyn Turgeon
Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me by Chelsea’s family, friends, and other victims
Hey ya’ll. It’s been a little while and I haven’t bought a lot of books lately, but here’s a In My Mailbox post. IMM is hosted weekly by The Story Siren, check there for more details.
Here’s the books mentioned:- The Sonnets by William Shakespeare
- Die for Me by Karen Rose
- Cyanide & Happiness by Kris, Rob, Matt, & Dave (visit the webcomic here)
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- morning in the burned house by Margaret Atwood
- Selected Poems of William Wordsworth
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
- Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
Leave me a comment with your IMM for the week!
Hey there peeps. In My Mailbox is hosted weekly by The Story Siren. My IMM is super-late this week – sorry bout that. It’s been a bit busy. I’m still reading a long book, so since I haven’t posted a review in a bit, I decided to post this instead!
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
- A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin
- Comanche Magic by Catherine Anderson
- Lost In a Good Book (Thursday Next #2) by Jasper Fforde
- An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
- Pride & Prejudice & Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After by Steve Hockensmith
- My Life in France by Julia Child
- There’s No Place Like Here by Cecelia Ahern
ALSO, come sign up for my Summer Mini-Readathon! 12 hours of reading fun, on July 10th! Go here to join in!
Have a good rest of your week!
>The Story Siren. Please visit that link for the info. Books mentioned:
Hey peeps, welcome to my edition of In My Mailbox, which is hosted by
- The Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Postsecret: Confessions of Life, Death, and God
- The Innocent Mage (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker #1) by Karen Miller
- The Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien
- King Arthur by Norma Lorre Goodrich
- The Magician’s Guild (Black Magician Trilogy #1) by Trudi Canavan
- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
- Lady Chatterley’s Love by D.H. Lawrence
- Hadji Murad by Leo Tolstoy
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- The Time Machine & The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
Oh, and I lied – I did use the word interesting. Darn.
Hey ya’ll. In My Mailbox is hosted by Krisi over at The Story Siren. It’s a meme that let’s us share all of the books we’ve bought / received / borrowed lately.
Here are the books (and websites) mentioned:
The Broken Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin (visit Jemisin’s website here)
Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde (visit What Red Read here)
Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys
The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom (visit Tangled Up In Blue here)
In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto by Michael Pollan
Amaryllis in Blueberry by Christina Meldrum
Emeril’s TV Dinners by Emeril Lagasse
A Life of Reinvention: Malcolm X by Manning Marable
Thanks for stopping by!