Good morning guys!!! So excited that it’s time for the 24-Hour Readathon!
Sadly, I am working this whole weekend (right now, in fact). I work for 6 more hours today, and then I have to work 2 am to 2 pm tomorrow too. AND I’m kind of fighting a cold. So, I already know that this will not be my best readathon yet. A nap or two will have to happen, plus work stuff (but I can read whenever I’m not busy, and weekends are slow), plus being all congested and worn out, so yeah. BUT I wonder how much I can read despite all these obstacles? We shall see.
My book pile for today…
- Agents of Light and Darkness (Nightside #2) by Simon R. Green
- An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman
- How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
My goals for today…
- Try to get some rest, cause you know. Sick and stuff.
- Finish the book I’m reading now, which is Agents of Light and Darkness by Simon R. Green.
- Read the first section of Coraline for Jenn’s readalong.
- Read some more, from the other books in that picture.
- Try to participate in a couple challenges, and visit some blogs. I’d like to focus mostly on reading though, since my time is already a little limited.
- Chat with other readathoners on Twitter.
My answers to the introductory questions…
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? – NY!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? – Honestly, the one I’ve already started – Agents of Light and Darkness. I’m loving this series right now.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? – Popcorn! And maaayybbe jalapeno poppers when I get home later.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! – I work basically as a security guard / receptionist person, which means I get to read a lot while I work.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? – Well, this is definitely not my first readathon, but today is different because I’m being very laid back about it. Being sick and having to work all weekend just means that this isn’t going to be the most productive readathon ever, and that’s alright.
Alright, let’s do this thing! If you want to chat during the readathon, my Twitter is @SarahSaysRead.