Good morning guys! It’s Tuesday! Which means it’s game night, but also that it’s time for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Bookish Confessions. Should be fun Let’s get to it!
1. I am the WORST at reading the books I check out of the library. Unless of course it’s something I’m absolutely dying to read, in which case I usually just go buy it. At least 70% of the books I check out these days go back unread.
2. Also, I’m pretty bad at returning stuff on time. But I never mind paying the fines, cause you know, it goes towards the library. And I love the library.
3. I TECHNICALLY did not finish Jane Eyre. I read like 2/3 of it and just couldn’t take it anymore, so I skimmed up until the last couple chapters. Blech.
4. I write / highlight in my books. I use post-its too, but I’m not too shy about underlining a good quote unless it’s relatively new and expensive. Classics and non-fiction get written in the most.
5. I believe there ARE some movies that are better than the book. The Time Traveler’s Wife, for instance. Or Marley & Me.
6. I’ve thrown books out before. *Hangs head in shame* They were sitting around forever, I never got around to bringing them to Goodwill, and I got in one of my “get rid of all the clutter” moods. I cringe thinking about it.
7. As much as I’ve always loved reading, I avoided basically ALL literature classes in college. Partly because back then I wasn’t much interested in reading classics, and partly because I didn’t want a teacher telling me how to read or analyzing the crap out of books.
8. I don’t even have much interest in Goodreads anymore. I used to really miss it, but I didn’t get on there much because it was blocked at work and when I’m at home I’m doing other stuff. But now I just hear so much drama coming out of it that I’m kind of glad I haven’t used it in ages.
9. I’m really hoping that at least one of my nieces/nephews grows up to be a big reader. I need more people in my life to talk about books with!
10. I bring books into the bathtub with me all the time. And I haven’t yet dropped on in the water. (Knock on wood.) Of course, this isn’t really a confession… more like an accomplishment
So, what are some of your bookish confessions or quirks?