Good mornin’ folks! It’s Tuesdaaaayyy, which means it’s time for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish! This week’s topic might be kinda tough – it’s Top Ten Blogs / Sites You Read That AREN’T About Books. This might be tough, because I don’t think I follow any blogs that aren’t about books…
1. Pinterest – I could spend alllllll day pinning alllllll the things! I find funny stuff, useful stuff, beautiful stuff, awesome stuff… it’s the best time-suck there is. I have 983 pins… and now that I just looked that up, I’m tempted to spend the next hour or so getting it up to over 1000.
2. The Pioneer Woman – I love the Pioneer Woman’s cooking. I have her first cookbook (still need to buy the new one), and she uses gorgeous photography of delicious food and it’s just all so wonderful. Her recipe for Leftover Turkey Pot Pie led to me making THE BEST chicken pot pie, and I’m pretty sure that pot pie is the reason my honeyman loves me :0)
3. Epic Rap Battles of History – 90% of my time on Youtube was spent watching The Epic Rap Battles of History, so imagine my delight when I learned that they now have their own website! My favorites are Christopher Columbus vs. Captain Kirk, Hitler vs. Darth Vader, and Albert Einstein vs. Stephan Hawking but seriously, I love them all.
4. Twitter – Cause you know, duh.
5. Amazon – OK I know that Amazon is evil. They’re like the Wal-Mart of the book-selling world, they’re a huge giant evil corporation. But the Amazon app on my phone is really useful for looking up ratings and release dates when I’m out and about. I don’t actually buy from them as often as I used to, but it’s still the first place I look for TV shows on DVD because they’re ususally really cheap. As for books, I was going to start buying from The Book Depository instead but it turns out Amazon bought them, so no point now. Damn evil bastards.
6. Shutterfly - I’ve been using Shutterfly to order pictures for over 7 years now. That’s SUCH a long time! But they have great pre-paid print plans and always send me coupons and stuff. I’ve gotten so many free address labels and photobooks from this site. Plus they make really cute photo gifts.
7. Yahoo – I actually don’t like Yahoo that much, but I use it at least one day a week when I’m at work. I can kill at least an hour or two looking at the news and, more importantly, looking at pictures of famous people in the omg! section.
8. ABC’s Cougar Town Store – Ummm I would like everything here, please. Cougar Town is switching to TBS for the fourth season, so hopefully TBS comes up with another shop that has newer stuff in it. I would LOOOOOVVEEE a Cougar Town calendar for next year.
And that’s where I’m gonna stop, because the other websites I use a lot are my bank’s and my local news station’s, and that’s not exciting.
I obviously need to branch out a bit. What are some of your favorite non-bookish sites?