I am so looking forward to Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon this weekend. I’m going to start at the normal time, 8 AM on Saturday morning, and just try to read as much as I can throughout the day. I know I won’t last 24 hours, because I have to be back at work at 2 AM on Sunday and I’ll have to take a nap for that, but still. I can try! I even already have dinner covered that day – the honeyman is making turkey burgers.
So, this is my readathon pile. Am I going to make it through all 10 books? Hell no. But that’s not the point of the readathon, the point is to just read as much as possible. And I like to have options in case a book gets boring and starts putting me to sleep, then I can switch to something else. The books in my pile are…
- Getting Rid of Bradley by Jennifer Crusie (romance)
- October the First is Too Late by Fred Hoyle (sci-fi)
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding (classic)
- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams (sci-fi)
- The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean (historical fiction)
- Calculating God by Robert J. Sawyer (sci-fi)
- Serenity: Better Days (Firefly comic / graphic novel)
- If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won’t) by Betty White (memoir)
- Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore (humorous fiction)
- Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku (science)
I’m pretty happy with this pile. A little sci-fi heavy maybe, but so what. I got some romance, some humor, some non-fiction… it’s a good mix. Oh and I may add on another book if I get to the library today, but we’ll see. I’m VERY excited to get started on Saturday! I need to catch up on my readaing. And I’m excited to go shopping tomorrow and buy some snacks… Man I love readathons. PERFECT excuse to read and eat all day.
I’ll be updating here on the blog and doing challenges and stuff throughout the day, and I’ll be on Twitter too. Feel free to chat with me throughout it!
Who else participating in Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon?
*PS – For those of you unable to participate on Saturday, the next Bout of Books Readathon is May 14th through May 20th and sign-ups just started! Mark your calendars!