Most annoying title I think I’ve ever come up with.
So, I finally sit down to get some bloggin / commentin done, and what happens is that I stumble upon Alley’s post at What Red Read, in which she tagged me. And because I admit that writing posts is more fun than going through my Google Reader, I figured why not.
So, here we shall go.
What to do
1. Post rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself.
3. Answer questions from the person who tagged you.
4. Make up 11 questions for people you tag.
5. Tag 11 people. (Yeah I’m not tagging 11 people.)
6. Let them know they’ve been tagged. (I’m also not bothering to do this… if you see the post and see that you’ve been tagged, cool. Feel free to participate or not.)
11 Fun Facts About Sarah
1. I went to a Catholic school up until 8th grade. I’m an atheist. Even as a kid, I used to argue with the teacher in Religion Class. For some reason though, all the teachers really liked me. I even stabbed a boy with a pencil once (he had it coming, and I warned him), and they still liked me. I didn’t even get in trouble. Yay!
2. The honeyman actually met in 9th grade, when we were what… 14-ish? I thought he always looked really sad and tried to cheer him up, which made him feel really annoyed and he hated me. We lost touch, started chatting again when we were 20, and BAM! started dating. Aww.
3. I dropped out of school in the beginning of my junior year. I went to some “alternative” hippie high school, which basically meant that when I started to skip class and stuff, I never got in trouble… and yeah. I eventually decided that I wasn’t learning anything and dropped out. I got my GED when I was like 21 or 22 because I was worried I wouldn’t get this job I wanted if I didn’t have it.
4. I was an assistant manager at Waldenbooks when it closed, and I was on unemployment for 6 months. That was the best summer ever – and it was when I ran into the honeyman and we started dating. It’s also when I realized that I don’t want to work, I’d rather be a housewife (no kids). You know, have a house, a garden, some dogs, etc. The honeyman supports me in this. I can’t wait.
5. I used to want to be a singer when I was little. I spent hours singing along to Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera in my bedroom. I’m sure this annoyed my family to no end.
6. I really hate turning left out onto a busy street, like from a parking lot or gas station where there’s no light. There are some streets that I just will not turn left onto. I often plan my routes on whether or not I’ll have to turn left… I’m like Zoolander, but in a car.
7. I hate almost anything athletic. In middle school, I always came up with some excuse and just sat there during gym. I’m just too self-conscious for sports. I have to get tipsy just to go bowling. I like walking… and probably would like hiking. I’ve never seriously hiked before, so I’m not sure.
8. I love movies / stories about omnipotent characters. Like the Phoenix in X-Men, or those weird creepy kids in that new movie Chronicle. I’d love to be that super bad-ass and powerful. It’s weird that I didn’t read comics as a kid… and I feel like I’m too old to really get into them now.
9. I don’t want to live past like 75. I hate old people, and I have a huge fear of being old and invalid.
10. When I was about 10, I tricked my little sister. I told her that in order to turn 7 years old, she had to drink this disgusting mixture – I put mustard, chocolate syrup, ketchup, pickle juice, and basically any other liquid I could find in the fridge into a glass. She took one sip and puked all over the place. It still makes me laugh
11. I’ve never broken a bone. I know this isn’t a fun fact, but dude… it’s hard to think up this many fun facts about myself. I lead a boring life.
Questions from Alley
1. What’s your favorite bookish movie? (Movie based on a book, movie with literary tendencies, whatever) Ummmm… Wuthering Heights, the one with Tom Hardy in it. Love that movie, I need to re-watch it soon.
2. How often do you re-read books? Not often enough. I’m still in the middle of re-reading the Outlander series.
3. What’s your favorite reading spot? Hmmm… probably in the spare room. All my books are in there, there’s lots of light, there’s a futon and an end table. It’s awesome.
4. Which season is your favorite? Spring. I like seeing all the little green buds on the trees. That’s my favorite time of year.
5. What’s your profile picture? I’d have to look to be sure, but I think it’s my on our couch smiling like an idiot.
6. What’s your ideal meal? Man… some sort of chicken, some sort of potatoes, and then veggies. Simple, I know. I love chicken and potatoes though.
7. What’s your guilty pleasure TV show, movie, book? Hmmm… probably Glee.
8. How do you like to spend a rainy day? Home, cleaning and reading and cooking. I’m a homebody.
9. Do you have any good Tumblrs to recommend? No, I don’t really understand tumblr…
10. If you like to cook (or bake), what’s your favorite thing to make? Hmmm… good question! I like making chicken pot pie… It’s a lot of work with the pre-cooking the chicken, chopping a bunch of vegetables, etc. but I think that’s why I like it. I like spending a good hour or so putting it all together. Plus it’s the honeyman’s favorite, and I like hearing him tell me how good it is.
11. Do you have a big TBR list? Or do you wait until you’re done with your current book to buy (or borrow from the library) your next reads? GIANT. I have almost 900 books, and I still have to read over half of them. Someday…
OK, 11 Questions for You to Answer…
1. Do you like where you live?
2. What would you do if you were omnipotent?
3. What’s your favorite holiday?
4. What music did you like to listen to 10 years ago?
5. What are your favorite websites?
6. What’s your favorite plant or flower?
7. Do you have any pets?
8. What are some of your favorite tv shows right now?
9. If you could jump into any book, which would it be?
10. What’s your favorite joke?
11. If you could buy anything right now, regardless of the price, what would it be?
OK, and here are the folks I’m tagging…
Jenn at Booksessed
Daisy at Between the Pages
Pepca at Beyond Strange New Words
L.L. at The Story Girl
Kristilyn at Reading in Winter
And you know, if anyone else wants to grab this, do so. Have fun!