Hey ya’ll! So it’s bout that time for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the awesomeness that is The Broke and The Bookish. You know how people say “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover?” Well eff that! This week’s topic is Books Whose Covers or Titles Made Me Buy Them.
1. Little Bee by Chris Cleave – Wandering around Borders one day and had a coupon to use, I decide to give this book a shot cause the cover was so different and it turned out being a really interesting read!
2. September by Rosamunde Pilcher – So I got this for like $1 at a used book sale because I thought the cover was so pretty. But turns out there’s kind of another book that comes before it and sadly I haven’t gotten around to either one yet.
3. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory – So back in the day when I worked at Waldenbooks, this book was shelved face-out and everytime I walked past it I just thought it was so darn pretty. So I checked it out (yes, awesome bookstore employee perk) and LOVED it! Bought it right away.
4. Eragon by Christopher Paolini – Same exact story as #3. I miss working in a bookstore, so much awesome reading.
5. Fuck This Book – How can you NOT be intrigued by such a title? I ordered a copy offline without hesitation, and it’s funny and goofy. Basically people take stickers with the F-bomb on em and just put them over certain parts of signs and stuff to make them silly and sometimes quite perverted.
6. Outlander series covers – OKAY so you know how straight-up obsessed I am with Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series. So anytime I see a cover different than the ones pictured above (the older editions, overseas copies, etc.) I gotta buy it. Hence I own like 3 copies of some of these books.
7. Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan – So, I didn’t buy this when I first saw the cover – I got it from the library because I saw the book / cover online and thought it was adorable and turns out the book is just as cute and awesome.
8. Married With Zombies by Jesse Petersen – So I went to Borders to buy some other book one day, and saw this shiny silver mass market on a big display. The cover is so cute and the premise sounded cool, so I gots it too and now it’s one of my fave little series.
9. The Beetle and Me by Karen Romano Young – YUP, read it just cause it’s about a VW Beetle. Granted it wasn’t a great book so I didn’t buy it, but the cover / title is totally what made me get it from the library.
10. The Sex Lives of Cannibals by J. Maarten Troost – I saw this in the used bookstore and the title cracked me up. Haven’t read it yet tho.
Woot, woot! Yay for judging books based on titles and covers. So authors take note – that mess is IMPORTANT!
Happy Tuesday errbody! What are some of your judgemental book purchases?