Good morning everyone! This is a very good Tuesday – my little sister is coming into town to visit and she’s staying with me, so I’m going to get a LOT of quality time with my new little nephew, L. (Expect a post of pictures sometime this week.) It’s also a good day because it’s time for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the fabulous peeps over at The Broke and The Bookish! This week’s topic was a freebie, and I was surprised that a TTT post dedicated to favorite series hasn’t been done yet. (I looked at the list of past TTT’s like three times, but if I’m blind and I missed it, please let me know.) So, my topic this week is Top Ten Favorite Series. Which will include trilogies. Okay, let’s get to it!
1. Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon: I’m sure this doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone. This is my favorite series in the whole world, and major depression will set in when it finally ends.
2. The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss: The next book probably won’t be out for another two or three years at least, but the first two books in this series are OUTSTANDING. Some of the best fantasy I’ve ever read.
3. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: Well, duh. Do I even need to explain why this would be on my list?
4. A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin: I’ve only read the first three books so far, but this is a wonderfully huge and epic story. It’s hard for me to imagine it ever ending. It’s full of really interesting characters and many big storylines.
5. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins: I’m SO glad I tried these books – they’re SO GOOD, and I flew through all of them. The honeyman and I have decided to read one book together a month starting in September, and we’re starting with The Hunger Games, which he’s never read before. I’m really looking forward to the re-read.
*Fun fact: This is the only series on my list that doesn’t have some magical / fantasy / sci-fi aspect of it. At least from what I remember – it’s dystopian and set in the future, but I don’t remember any paranormal aspects. Or is my memory failing me?
6. The Inheritance Cycle (AKA the Eragon series) by Christopher Paolini: I started these books 6 years ago when I was working at Waldenbooks, and it’s been love since then. The last book, Inheritance, comes out in November and I can’t wait!
7. The Living With the Dead series by Jesse Petersen: Married couple Sarah and David battle zombies together when an outbreak occurs in Seattle, and it turns out zombie therapy is good for your marriage. Who knew? This books are awesomely funny, and I hope there’s more to come for Sarah and David!
8. Tales of the Five Hundred Kingdoms series by Mercedes Lackey: If you like fairy tales, try out these awesome fantasy books. They’re fun, magical, and always have a bit of romance in them. The newest one, Beauty & The Werewolf, will be out this fall!
9. The Inheritance Trilogy (AKA the Hundred Thousand Kingdom series) by N.K. Jemisin: These awesome books take place in a world where people and gods mix. Can’t wait for the third book to come out in October!
10. The Lucy Valentine series by Heather Webber: I highly recommend these romance / mystery novels. They’re fun, quirky, and absolutely adorable. There’s no word yet on when the next in the series will be out, but I hope it’s soon!
So those are my ten favorite series! I could have probably added at least 5 more, but I was able to restrain myself. I also have a huge list of series that I want to try out some time… but I think I’ll save that list in case another Top Ten Tuesday freebie comes up
So what are some of your favorite series?