> Yayyyy, it’s another Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is Favorite Books for the Holidays.
And that’s pretty much all I have. Otherwise, I like to read light stuff, usually romances. I tried a Christmas-themed romance by Mary Balogh earlier this week but didn’t finish it. It was too tedious.
Soooo… since that’s a sadly short list, I’ll continue on to name of my favorite movies to watch around the holidays, because I have a LOT more of those!
2. Love Actually: One of my absolute favorite movies, and it takes place in the Christmas season. It’s a very sweet romantic comedy, and British too! I’m actually dying to watch this right now, but I’m making myself wait until December.
3. Sweeney Todd: I know, I know. The Demon Barber of Fleet Street has nothing to do with the holidays. But it was fall / winter when it came out and me and honeyman watched it a bajillion times, so it fits for me.
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas: The animated versions is just one of my favorite things ever. The Jim Carey version is pretty good too though.
5. A Charlie Brown Christmas: Another great made-for-tv animated classic. Actually, I’m surprised they haven’t attempted a live-action one yet…
6. The Harry Potter movies: Again, not sure why. I think it’s because the Christmas scenes in the first movie were really well done. And I like Harry Potter.
7. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: Just thinking about it makes me want to sing that “Silver and Gold” song.
And that’s all I got… you’ve probably noticed that I did not mention The Christmas Carol anywhere here – that’s because I have yet to read the book, and I haven’t seen the new Jim Carey version yet. I plan to do both before this year is over, so we’ll see how it goes. I do remember liking the Mickey Mouse version, but haven’t seen that in ages!
Happy Holidays, and enjoy Thanksgiving this week!