Good morning guys! I am PUMPED for today’s Top Ten Tuesday. As you should know by know, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fabulous ladies at The Broke and The Bookish, and the topic this week is easy-peasy; Top Ten Books On My Fall 2013 TBR List. So many books I’ve been looking forward to are coming out or just came out recently, AND I’m participating in R.I.P., so this list is a piece of cake for me.
1. The Ace of Skulls by Chris Wooding – This is easily the book I’ve been looking forward to the most – it’s the fourth, and last, book of the Tales of the Ketty Jay series. It comes out in the UK on September 19th, and I’ll be ordering my copy from The Book Depository as soon as it’s available. And you can bet that as soon as it gets here, I’m dropping everything to read it.
2. The Deaths of Tao by Wesley Chu – This is the sequel to The Lives of Tao, which I read and liked SO MUCH, and I’ll be in Barnes and Noble on October 29th (release day) to buy it. Also, I love the covers to these books. So fun and simple and cool.
3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – If you haven’t read Rainbow Rowell yet, why the hell not??? Attachments and Eleanor & Park were fantastic, and I already bought my copy of her newest and plan to read it this week. Probably in about a day. And then you’ll see me here, fangirling about Fangirl. Ha.
4. Crux by Ramez Naam – This is the sequel to Nexus, which was a really cool kind of sci-fi techno thriller, and it came out at the end of August and I seriously need to read it soon. Frankly, it’s a shame that I haven’t yet.
5. Parasite by Mira Grant – I am SO EFFING EXCITED that Mira Grant is writing another series. Her Newsflesh trilogy was so so so awesome, and Parasite comes out on October 29th, and man that’s going to be such a good book-buying day for me!
6. Kill City Blues by Richard Kadrey – This is the fifth Sandman Slim book, and it came out in July and I can’t believe I haven’t read it yet! These books are so fun, gory, and bad-ass, and I can’t wait to see where Stark’s story goes next.
7. Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff – Remember how I read Stormdancer and totally enjoyed the Japanese steampunk thing and the great main characters? Welllll the sequel, Kinslayer, actually comes out TODAY. Yesssss.
8. The Song of the Quarkbeast by Jasper Fforde – This just came out (in the U.S., I believe it’s been out in the UK for a while now) on September 3rd, and how have I not bought it yet? I looooooved Jasper Fforde’s books, and this is the second book in his Dragonslayer series.
9. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins – This is on my RIP VIII pile, and I’m SUPER excited to finally read it. Wilkieeeee.
10. Beloved by Toni Morrison – This is probably the only book on my RIP VIII list that I’m actually afraid to read. I started it years and years ago, and it started to kind of scare the bejeezus out of me, and I stopped. But this fall, I shall conquer it! I hope.
BAM! Easiest TTT list ever. I have some seriously good reading ahead of me. What’s on your TBR lists for this autumn? New releases, good fall reads, what?