Yay, it’s Harry Potter Post day!
I’ve been a bit tired, and I read this section yesterday at work while I was fighting off a major headache, so my thoughts are… few. But let’s see what I got.
BAM! Bullet time.
- Admittedly, the Taboo is a genius idea. By being SO afraid to say “Voldemort” for all those years, the wizarding population actually handed Voldy this weapon, to be used against the very wizards that are out there trying to fight him and keep the rest of them safe. JK, you blow my mind sometimes.
- It’s really frustrating how much Hermione initially refuses to admit that the Deathly Hallows are important. She herself noticed that symbol constantly creeping up. And even if she doesn’t believe that they exist, the very fact that there are wizards out there who DO believe they exist is really important. On the other hand, it is then kind of annoying how obsessed Harry becomes with the Hallows. These kids need to learn some moderation.
- I was going to ask why they didn’t all Disapparate when the Snatchers got them, but apparently you have to have your wand to do so? I never realized that, but okay.
- DOBBY = major sad face. Definitely teared up here.
- So, the Gringotts trip was exciting. That multiplying-treasure spell was kind of cool.
- Oh no, Voldy knows they’re hunting Horcruxes, AND he has the Elder Wand. DUN DUN DUNNNNN.
- Riiiiighht… the Dumbledore family drama.
- Well obviously now I what’s going on… I think the reason I never remember the dealio with Dumbledore’s family is that I kind of just don’t care. It would’ve been more interesting when he was still alive. Now that he’s gone, what does it matter? I’ll probably forget all this again by the next time I re-read the series.
- Cool that Aberforth has apparently been lurking in the background all these years in Hogsmeade.
- Neville! And it’s almost Hogwarts battle time! I’m so excited. And scared, because I KNOW THE BAD THINGS THAT ARE ABOUT TO HAPPEN.