Well, here we are folks – the end of the readathon. I did not plan well this time around, so I was way too tired. I set my alarm for an hour of sleep around 2:30 am, which turned into like 6:30 am, and even then reading for that last hour and a half was a little tougher than I expected. Ah well, it was still fun! And I plan to sit around and read more today anyways.
END OF EVENT MEME
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Oddly, the first like 8 hours or so. I did not get enough sleep the night before so I took like 3 naps in the morning and afternoon.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Angels and Demons, maybe? It’s my first time reading it, but I bet if I had started off with it I might have actually finished it last night.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? No I think this went swimmingly! And I didn’t mind the lack of official cheering at all – I felt like the hosts were pumped but also having more fun.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The challenges were awesome! I did several.
- How many books did you read? I finished 1 short e-book, and started 3 other books. And I read 8 comics.
- What were the names of the books you read? Short Stories from Hogwarts: Potions, Politics, and Pesky Poltergeists; Difficult Women; Spontaneous (read about 100 pages before deciding to DNF); and Angels and Demons.
- Which book did you enjoy most? Angels and Demons, and the comics. Spontaneous made me laugh a few times but it wasn’t holding my interest.
- Which did you enjoy least? Umm… I don’t know. They were all alright. I guess Spontaneous?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Of course I’ll participate next time! And I’d love to donate to the prizes page with like gift cards or something if I can.
Alright you guys. I should probably get up and go out and run a few errands before I come back and read some more. How’d you do?