I woke up this morning and for a split-second, I thought it was Friday. And then the realization that it is actually only Thursday came crashing down on me and the day went downhill from there. There was snow on the ground this morning you guys. SNOW. I’m not ready.
Anyways, I’m here to ramble. Let’s begin!
- We finished watching all of Galavant this week and for fuckery’s sake, why do I always come to shows too late? I randomly played it on Netflix one night and it’s so delightful but nooooo, they cancelled it after season 2. If you haven’t seen it yet, it’s a whimsical musical sitcom which sounds weird but is so fabulous. I need the soundtrack. And to start re-watching it immediately.
- I’m going to DC next weekend, and then NYC (for Book Riot Live) the weekend after that. I’ve never flown before, and I never get to travel really, so this is all very exciting but holy shit I really need to start packing. (Are you in the DC area? I’ll be trying to check out all the bookish places!) (OR, will you be a Book Riot Live??)
- I’m already thinking about goals for 2017. Probably getting ahead of myself but seriously this year is flying by.
- You guys we have less than two weeks left of this election! Yay! Comedy at the hands of SNL and John Oliver have made it much more bearable. I guess I’ve decided to vote Hillary. I really, really, really don’t like her. I don’t want her to be the first female president. I don’t WANT to vote for her. I will though, because I will burn in hell before I vote for Donald and I don’t like any of the third party candidates, and I won’t refuse to vote. But more than anything, I just don’t want Trump to be president. No no no no no no no. I won’t really be happy if Hillary wins, per se, but I will feel an overwhelming sense of relief for Donald losing. A feeling of dodging not just a bullet, but a fucking missile.
- I just started reading The Girl With All the Gifts last night and I’m only about 10% in so far, but so far I’m loving it. Why did I wait so long to read it?? Also, does anyone know if the movie is coming out in the US? I can only find UK release dates.
- We still haven’t finished unpacking. Seriously, we moved two months ago. I’m going to kind of tackle it this weekend though, because my family should all be coming to visit the first week of December and I need lots of room and to get that Christmas tree up! I haven’t been excited about decorating in years, but I finally get to use my giant Christmas tree out again so I’m looking forward to it.
- OMG I have to start Christmas shopping. NOT looking forward to that. I’ll be trying to buy a bunch of stuff online because ever since we moved to our nice big apartment I’m really not digging having to leave it to go do things.
- The comics world has been shitty lately – first the oversexualization of black teen Riri Williams on a variant cover, and then the harassment of writer Chelsea Cain over a feminist comic book cover. And the reactions to these incidents by white male comic writers (and others) has been extremely disappointing.
- Litsy is continuing to be a delightfully happy, bookish place and if you’re on there, come find me! SarahSaysRead of course.
And I think that’s all I have in me today. Hanging in there?