I don’t know what is was, but September kind of rocked. I finished 8 books, (8!) and 19 issues of comics. So, I’m being a little ambitious in my October reading.
In the stack:
- Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler – I’ve been meaning to read this FOR.EV.ER. It’s about a little black girl vampire who is actual in her 50’s and is able to be outside during the day.
- Super Extra Grande by Yoss – Cuban sci-fi! Space travel faster than the speed of light is a real thing thanks to Latin American scientists, and a veterinarian will be responsible for saving the day and keeping the peace among the galaxy’s species.
- The Girl Who Fell From the Sky by Heidi W. Durrow – This is about a biracial girl who loses her family and has to rethink how she identifies. I think. I don’t know, it’s gotten so many great reviews.
- Spontaneous by Aaron Starmer – Seniors students start exploding in class, with no rhyme or reason. I heard about this on the Book Riot podcast and it sounds weird and hilarious.
- Preacher by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon – I have the first three volumes from the library and I really do want to check it out, ideally before I get around to watching the show.
On the Kindle:
- Rich and Pretty by Rumaan Alam – Focuses on two best friends who are really different? Honestly the premise isn’t my usual jam, but it’s gotten fabulous reviews and the author will be at Book Riot Live.
- IQ by Joe Ide – A young inner city kid starts to try to solve the crimes that the police just ignore or dismiss. I am BEYOND PSYCHED that I got approved for this on NetGalley.
- The Terranauts by T.C. Boyle – I’m about 15% into this, the premise is basically like Bio-Dome (that Pauly Shore movie). But you know… without stoners creeping into the giant science experiment. Of course I had to request it on NetGalley!
- Never Look an American in the Eye by Okey Ndibe – Another NetGalley approval. I haven’t read anything by this author before, but his memoir is about moving from Nigeria to America and it sounds so great.
Alright, and then there are a couple other books coming out this month that sound fantastic and hopefully I’ll get to those too. It’s gonna be a good month, right? Right.
What are you excited to read soon?