I read 4 books in August, which honestly was more than I thought I’d be able to, so that’s cool, plus 19 issues of comics. Not too bad. We’re all moved into the new place and books are unpacked, so I can finally get back into the swing of things with blogging and such. Yay! So this is late, but here’s what I’m gonna try for this month.
From top to bottom:
- Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon – Continuing on with my Outlander re-reads. Not sure if’ I’ll actually finish this in September, but I’d like to dive into it.
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros – Because it’s one of the books on my physical “unread” shelf.
- Here Comes the Sun by Nicole Dennis-Benn – I actually only have about 130 pages left in this – so far I strongly recommend.
- The Hike by Drew Magary – New Drew Magary novel! I’m excited but I also admit to being a little hesitant because what if it’s not as good as his first book? It’s not a sequel, but you still always have that risk, ya know?
- Jessica Jones: The Pulse, The Complete Collection by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley – Library find win!
On the Kindle:
- You Can’t Touch My Hair by Phoebe Robinson – ARC and I’m really looking forward to it, and the author is going to be at Book Riot Live!
- The Terranauts by T.C. Boyle – Another ARC and the premise reminds me of the Pauly Shore movie Bio-Dome so I’m quite excited to start it.
- The Angel of History by Rabih Alameddine – Seriously, I have a ton of ARCs for books coming out in October. I’ve heard great things about Alameddine so I bet this will be a good one!
- More by Hakan Gunday – Another ARC, I think this is a novel about the human traffickers who smuggle refugees into Greece.
And of course, I have ton of other books on my Kindle waiting for me. After my books being packed for so long though, I’m finding myself reaching for print more, so I’m struggling a tiny bit with e-book reading. I’m sure that will fade.
What else are you excited to read this month?