Happy August! The last month of summer. How sad.
July was a great month (found a new apartment, celebrated 9 years with the honeyman, NYC trip, etc) but I didn’t really get much reading done. I read 4 books, 1 graphic novel, and 9 issues of comics.
I’m not expecting to get much reading done in August either, since I’ll be packing in a lot of my free time, but here’s what I’m going to try to fit in this month. It’s all e-books, since all of my print books will be in boxes soon.
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova – This is a YA novel coming out soon about a teenage bruja (witch) who rejects her powers and in doing so accidentally vanishes her family. I’ve tried to start this a couple times lying in bed but I’ve been so worn out the Kindle just falls on my face. Next time I have a couple free hours, this is what I’ll be diving into.
- Time Salvager by Wesley Chu – I can’t believe I haven’t read this yet, since I love Chu’s other series. I want to get this read because I think the sequel is coming out in a couple months.
- A.D.H.D Nation by Alan Schwarz – Another review copy for an upcoming release, and this is about the over diagnosis and medication of children under the ADHD label.
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead – Comes out in mid-September and I CANNOT WAIT to sit and have a go with this.
- Signal Boost by Alyssa Cole – This is the second in Cole’s post-apocalyptic romance series, and I’m looking forward to seeing these characters again and figuring out what caused the power to go out.
- Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen – I have this AND the second book on my Kindle, and it is so ridiculous that I haven’t read it yet. I know the third book comes out in October, so now’s the time, right? I don’t know why I keep hesitating, these books have been getting fantastic reviews.
The ONE print book I might get to this month is Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, if I can get to it within the next week or so. Here’s hoping I can get some down time to sneak it in soonish.
What are you hoping to read this month? Any new releases you’re excited about?