The readathon is over! 😦 But we had a blast, DID WE NOT?
End of Event Survey
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I dozed off somewhere around Hour 19 I think.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Any of the Miles Morales Spider-Man comics! Love him.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? I don’t think so, I think that went swimmingly. I had some confusion cheering in the beginning because I was new to the Twitter-only process, but that might also be my fault for signing up like the day before. Oops.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Personally, I think this is the readathon I was able to stay up the most. Usually I conk out somewhere around Hours 16-20 and stay asleep for the rest of it, but I got back up at 5:30 this morning totally refreshed and ready to jump back in. OH and Snapchat was now a thing that some readathon folks were doing so I finally caved, and it was kind of fun. Maybe the Dewey Readathon can have it’s own Snapchat?
- How many books did you read? Just two, I ended with about 590 pages read.
- What were the names of the books you read? Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (volume 3) and Relativity by Antonia Hayes
- Which book did you enjoy most? Spider-Man!
- Which did you enjoy least? I guess by default Relativity, though I enjoyed it for the most part. I started to get a little less happy with it near the end.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will ALWAYS participate in the readathons! And hopefully I’ll be a cheerleader, but we’ll see. October is a long ways away. But I will definitely sign up to be one sooner if I do.
So, this was fun! I enjoyed cheering and Snapchat-ing. And I think getting out of the house for a couple hours to read outside of Starbucks was really smart – it refreshed and woke me up. I didn’t get as much reading outside as I should have because I was distracted by two people who were on some sort of online / Tinder date, but that only added to the fun.
And I’m not even exhausted right now! Little bit of heartburn (6 AM popcorn was a bad call) but otherwise I feel alright. I need a shower and then I’m going to relax, read, and play Borderlands for the rest of the day.
How did you do?