Can I just say how happy I am that it’s April? SO HAPPY. We really haven’t had much of a winter, but this is when spring weather really starts to kick in.
I only read 4 books in March, which I guess isn’t too terrible. I only read 10 issues of comics and 1 manga volume, so I have lots and lots of catching up to do there. I’m about buried under the unread stacks.
Anyways, I’m low-balling it for April. I’m hoping that by picking a smaller number of books initially, I’ll feel like a huge success if I manage to read all of them or more. I also decided to go with all digital picks for now. I want to use up my audiobook credits on Scribd because I may end up cancelling soon, and I have a big backlog of e-books on my Kindle.
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson – The Social Just Book Club is happening, and I am much excited. This is the first pick, and I was glad to find it on Scribd so that it’s still within my #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks parameter.
- The Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes – I’ve heard SO much buzz about this book, and who doesn’t love books my powerful awesome women in show business?
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen – I got this e-book AND the sequel on my Kindle because they showed up at some point for $1.99 and I knew it was popular. I’m really hoping the hype was right, because I’ve recently been burned.
- The Ballad of Black Tom by Victor LaValle – This is apparently a re-telling of an H.P. Lovecraft story that addresses Lovecraft’s racism? Or something like that? I don’t know, it looked good and it’s only $2.99 on Kindle.
- Dietland by Sarai Walker – I had seen this book popping up here and there but had no interest until Andi’s blurb on Book Riot the other day. I immediately borrowed it on Overdrive (not fitting in with my #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks goals, but that’s alright).
I didn’t bother with a picture of any comics, because I’m behind so much on what I’ve been meaning to read. The Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon is this month (April 23rd) and I just may dedicate the whole of it to comics.
What’s on your radar this month?