I did not read as much as I was hoping in February. Shocking, I know. In fact, I’ve only finished 4 books so far this year (and I’m behind in my monthly recap posts). But one of those books was the 730-ish paged Alexander Hamilton, and the #HamAlong was delightful, so no regrets.
March, I am sure, will be more varied.
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler – Because I need some Butler in my life right now. And you know, had this book around for ages now.
- Red Planet Blues by Robert J. Sawyer – Pulpy detective fic set on Mars? I’m in. And again, have had this for a while now.
- The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri – She’s Mindy Kaling’s favorite writer. So clearly I’ve been missing out by not reading more Lahiri.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie – Pretty sure I’ve had this in my TBR pile at least two other times before. Why do I keep putting it off??? I could probably read it in an afternoon.
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab – I’ve had another book by this author (Vicious) on my to-read list for a long time, but someone somewhere in my social media was tweeting about her coming out with a new book soon, which is apparently a sequel to this one, and it sounded even better than the one I initially had on my list. It’s weird the roundabout way we hear about books. Anyways, this sounds like my jam.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – Because some crazy YA fantasy that fellow book bloggers have raved about sounds like something I’m in the mood for right now.
- Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi – Honestly, after I read Mr. Fox by Oyeyemi last year I thought maybe she was just too “out there” for me. This one seemed more popular among readers so I grabbed it last time I was at the library. Honestly I’m most of the way through it right now and it’s pretty damn good.
- Lafayette in the Somewhat United States by Sarah Vowell – This was in my pile last month, but I decided I had to finish Hamilton before moving on to Lafayette. I have the audiobook on Scribd too.
And here are the comics I want to read this month because I forgot to include them in the other picture. Whoops.
- Fables volume 9 & 10 – Obviously.
- Civil War – Because I like to know how the big events happened in the comics before I see the movies, when possible.
- Magical Girl Apocalypse volume 1 – The honeyman is finally starting to buy and read this series (he’s had his eye on it for a while). I’m going to check it out.
- Cyanide & Happiness: Stab Factory – Because C&H will forever be hilarious to me.
Let the reading commence! What’s on your list this month?