Trish at Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity posted this little gem and I said to myself “Sarah, you know what you haven’t done in a while? A survey thingy.” So here we are. Thanks Trish!
1. What is your favorite fictional food or drink?
I’m going to guess some random bread and stew from the Outlander books. Mmmmmmm, stew.
2. How long did it take you to finish your last book?
TWO WEEKS. And it wasn’t even 300 pages. In my defense though, I’m also doing the #HamAlong and reading roughly 100 pages per week of Alexander Hamilton takes up a surprising amount of time.
3. How many times do you stare at your books or bookshelves each day?
Few times a week, at least. Slightly less since I moved one of my bookshelves into the storage room I use as a closet area.
4. How many Goodreads friends and books do you have?
No idea, haven’t been on in a while. I just can’t get back into it.
5. Do you ever quote books in public?
Almost never. I think the ones that probably come up the most are Lamb by Christopher Moore and Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie, because those my friends have read and are familiar enough for me to quote and them actually understand what I’m saying.
6. Do you ever re-read books?
Yup. I kind of alternate re-reading the Outlander series and the Harry Potter series. I’d like to re-read the Tales of the Ketty Jay series sometime soon.
7. Do you judge a book by its cover?
8. Instagram, Twitter or Tumblr?
I’m on all three – Twitter and Instagram are my fave. Tumblr seems to complicated to use well on the phone app, so I only go on it once and while to search for gifs.
9. Which genres take you the longest to read?
Like Trish, classics and non-fiction. That brain power, man.
10. Who are your favourite BookTubers (or Book Bloggers)?
I have a tab for this.
11. How often do you pre-order books?
Hardly ever, because I don’t get the point. There is rarely a book being released, that I want, that is going to sell out.
12. Are you a shopaholic?
I enjoy it, but not at the insanely stupid level of that girl in that series. Ugh, that was a frustrating book.
13. How many times have you re-read your favourite book?
Uhhhh… 6? 7?
14. Do you own a lot of books?
I don’t even know anymore. I KNOW it’s below 800, because I’ve purged a whole bunch. I’m gonna guess around 500? (So sad, I used to have about 1000.)
15. Do you take pictures of your books before you read them?
16. Do you read every day?
17. How do you choose a new book?
Hmm. I don’t know. Sometimes for readalong purposes, sometimes just for whatever I’m in the mood for.
18. Do you always have a book with you?
Yeah, either of the print or e-book or audiobook variety.
19. What are your biggest distractions from reading?
Work, duh. But also Borderlands 2 because it’s the best.
20. What is your favorite place to buy books?
Hmmm… I guess Barnes and Noble. It’s the only physical bookstore in my area, really. I’m super jealous that my sister lives only a ferry-ride and subway-ride away from The Strand, because then that would totally be it. I was in there for two hours the first time I went.
And now that I mentioned Borderlands, I think I’m gonna go play it. Because the honeyman is asleep and it’s Sunday afternoon and I still haven’t showered, so why not.