I didn’t read as much as I wanted to in January. I mean, I kind of did because I read about half of damn Alexander Hamilton plus three other books, but still. And I’m SO behind in my comic reading, it’s a shame.
But then I said to myself: “So create an even BIGGER pile for February!” Logical, I am not. But who knows.
From the top…
- Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon – Already 25% through this, continuing with my Outlander series re-read.
- Destiny’s Captive by Beverly Jenkins – Romance, because you know, February / Valentine’s Day. And I think the heroine in this one is a pirate or something, so fun stuff.
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz – I’ve never read Junot Diaz, but he’s a popular author and I’ve had this book for a long time now.
- Jazz by Toni Morrison – Honestly, my attention span and general inclination at the moment for some lighter reading means this may not happen this month. But I like to be optimistic.
- Lafayette in the Somewhat United States by Sarah Vowell – LAFAYETTE! ‘Nuff said.
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow – And this shall be the month we finish off the #HamAlong, which has been delightful. I get the sense that Chernow is a bit of a sexist, and he’s way too much of a Hamilton fanboy, but this might actually end up on my best-of list at the end of the year. I’m sure reading it after loving the Hamilton musical makes it seem much more fun and lively than if I had read it before, but whatever.
- Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man Volume 2 – More Miles Morales!
- Fables Volume 8-10 – MOOARRR FABLES!!
There’s no way this is all gonna happen, but I’ll give it a shot. What are you excited to read this month?