Maaaan, I am really looking forward to this 24 in 48 readathon! I really need a weekend of basically nothing but reading and cuddles with my kitty. I’d like to fit in a trip to the gym each day, and I really should make a run to the library because I have a very overdue book to return… we’ll see how that goes.
I already have grocery shopping out of the way, so that’s good. I’m making Skinnytaste Chicken Taco Chili in the crockpot, so that covers dinner. During the day I’ll probably just snack here and there – salad, hardboiled eggs, gummy bears, crackers, popcorn, clementines, etc. Maybe the honeyman will be nice enough to grab us fresh bagels for breakfast 🙂
I kind of have a lot of books in the air right now…
- Midnight Taxi Tango by Daniel Jose Older – I want to just sit down and read the entire thing.
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow – Chapters 10-14 for the #HamAlong
- The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma – Be nice to start this, maybe read the whole thing.
- Logicomix by Apostolos Doxiadis and Christos Papadimitriou – Because graphic novels are perfect for readathoning. I have a nice stack of single issue comics to catch up on too.
- Headstrong: 52 Women Who Changed Science – and the World by Rachel Swaby – I’d like to fit in a few chapters. They’re super short.
- Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon – Because I’m re-reading the Outlander series and I have them all on Kindle (in addition to print) and that is really handy for in-bed reading.
So I think I’m probably aiming for at least 800 pages or so. Should be possible, right? Right.
I’ll try to do update posts once in a while, but not many cause I’m focusing on the reading. I’ll be all over Instagram and Twitter though – @SarahSaysRead.