I’m looking forward to this year. I’m looking forward to being a married lady (in one week!). I’m looking forward to whatever changes may come this year. I’m looking forward to continuing to read more diversely, and reading more of my own damn books. I’m excited to re-read the Outlander series again. I’m excited to be relaxed in my reading and blogging, and kind of just go with the flow.
I honestly don’t know why I’m continuing to do monthly TBRs. I almost never stick to them – a lot of books in the pile go unread, and a lot of randomness gets added in. Maybe it’ll be different this year, since I’m trying to read more of my own books instead of buying new ones or getting them from the library. Maybe it won’t be different. But I really do love putting together a pretty stack of books each month, so what the hell. Let’s see what I’m hoping to read this month.
From the top…
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon – I’ve missed this world. And with the countdown to the wedding/post-wedding party/honeymoon it’s perfect comfort reading material.
- Headstrong: 52 Women Who Changed Science – and the World by Rachel Swaby – So annoyed at myself for not reading this yet! Can’t wait to read and celebrate the science-y ladies.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie – Been on my shelf for years, it’s insane that I haven’t read this yet. Plus my nephew is almost at the perfect age range for this so I want to be able to talk about / recommend it.
- The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma – Had on my TBR for a long while because I heard such rave reviews, and finally bought my own copy from Amazon so I could. Annoyingly, I kept looking for it at Barnes and Noble and they never had it. It was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize last year, I mean come on.
- Logicomix by Apostolos Doxiadis and Christos Papadimitriou – A graphic novel about Bertrand Russell and his quest for “unshakable logical foundations of mathematics”. A co-worker gave this to me after she had to read for a math class, I’m so psyched.
- Deadpool Classic: Volume 4 – I’ve been so wrapped up in the Fables trades that my Deadpool has fallen to the side, but I’d like to dive back in because MOVIE NEXT MONTH YESSSS.
I’m joining in on the Alexander Hamilton readalong (HAMALONG) so I’ll be reading from that this month too, but it’s huge so we won’t be finishing it until February.
Also, I pre-ordered Midnight Taxi Tango by Daniel Jose Older because I knew I’d be on my book-buying ban, so it should get delivered to me on January 5th and I’m pretty sure I’ll devour it.
I may not be around much on the blog for the next couple weeks, with the exception of weekly #Hamalong posts. Gotta do the wedding thing, and then honeymoon, and then back to work and catching up, so things will be busy. But I’m sure I’ll be on Instagram and Twitter a bunch. Hopefully I can surprise myself near the end of the month with a review or two.