Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
Unfortunately, this will not include Go Set a Watchman because I haven’t run out to the store to buy it yet. I kinda sorta want to wait and see how people are feeling about it? Maybe? I don’t know. Anyways, this week’s topic is Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession.
1. Mermaids in Paradise by Lydia Millet – I’m listing this first because I also happen to be reading it right now. I’m 60-ish pages in and it’s a HOOT. I heard it talked about on Book Riot and so when it was on sale at Barnes and Noble last week, I grabbed it.
2. Shadowshaper by Daniel Jose Older – This was my actual purpose in going to Barnes and Noble last week. I had to go to the one furthest away from me, but it was worth it. Plus we went to The Cheesecake Factory after book shopping, so it was all good. I actually finished this over the weekend already.
3. The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma – Alright, it’s actually starting to be somewhat of a concern how often I act on Book Riot’s recommendations. I think I heard about this on the All The Books podcast, and my library had it, so…
4. Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari – I’ve been listening to this on Scribd, and I also got the paper copy out from the library because I wanted to be able to see the pictures and charts.
5. Last Night by James Salter – This is a collection of short stories by James Salter, who passed away recently. I’ve never read any of him before, but I picked this up at the library cause I figured it’d be good #24in48 readathon material. I’ve read a couple of the stories so far, but we’ll see how it goes. I’m not a huge short story fan.
6. All That Is by James Salter – Because this was right next to Last Night on the shelf, and I believe it’s his newest book. And YES, I admit it… I heard them talking about Salter on the Book Riot podcast. GEEZ.
7. Come As You Are by Emily Nagoski – I’ve heard the whole damn internet talking about this book and how awesome it is for focusing so hard on female sexuality. Not sure why I was surprised it was shelved in the “Love and Sex” section at Barnes and Noble.
8. The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson – I bought this on my Kindle because I’d been wanting to read it for ages and it seemed like a good summer read. And it was.
9. The Color Purple by Alice Walker – Also purchased on my Kindle because it was only $0.09 for some reason. NINE CENTS. I have a paper copy, but it seemed silly not to splurge 9 pennies on the e-book. (OMG I just looked and it’s still on sale go get it! NINE CENTS!)
10. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid – I have never read this! And I saw it while I was browsing around the library, so I grabbed it.
Sooo there we have it! I made it a point not to list anything from Scribd, since that seems like cheating. ALL the books are in my possession! *cue evil laugh*
Alright, so what are the books that recently made their way into your hands?