Alright, the last mini-review recap I did was in April. I missed May and June, which sucks, so I’m just going to do a bit of a recap here for the last six months.
Let’s do stats first!
- For book reading stats, I did pretty great at reading at least 50% women, and more than 50% POC authors.
- The comics, all I have to say is wow, I read a fuck-ton of them. And I am so glad I decided now to keep track of the spending on those, that would have been impossible.
- I need to spend more dollars on female authors. I know this will be a challenge, because there are a bunch of books coming out within the next two months that I really want to get and most of them are by dudes.
- I’m pretty sure that this year might be the least I’ve spent on books ever. This is partly because so much more of my money is going towards comics, and partly because I’m using Scribd and the library a lot.
- Did not realize how much of my reading was digital now! Part of this is because of Scribd, and I’ve been trying to utilize Overdrive more.
Some noteworthy books I read:
- Selfish, Shallow, and Self-Absorbed: Sixteen Writers on the Decision Not to Have Kids edited by Meghan Daum
- How to Be Black by Baratunde Thurston
- everything by Daniel José Older
- Zone One by Colson Whitehead
- Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- Bitch Planet
- Ms. Marvel
- Genius (completed mini-series)
- Daredevil (backlist)
- March (Books One and Two) – a graphic memoir series
- Nimona – graphic novel
I’m feeling optimistic about the rest of the year. I’m already 30% into my second book of July, and after the vacation season then work should be pretty normal (and, you know, I don’t have a job where I have to work 60 hours a week anymore).
I should hopefully have my July TBR post up tomorrow… I’m waiting for one book to come from Amazon, and it’s late, and but *fingers crossed* should get here today. I know, it’ll be silly doing a monthly TBR post already over a week into it… but it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want.
How has your 2015 reading been? Tell me things, I’ve been MIA for so long!