You guys, it’s been almost a month since my last post. That is so sad.
To say it’s been busy would be an understatement. Most of June was spent watching my nephew and waiting for the honeyman to come home. And then at 12:45 AM on June 19th he did get home, and I’ve been soaking it up. I missed that man SO MUCH, and it’s such a relief and a joy to have him home. I love him, and I love being able to touch and talk to him whenever possible, and love hearing his stories from basic training and love just spending time with him, and it’s all very wonderful. But between that and work, I haven’t had a lot of extra time for reading and blogging.
So of course, in July, I’m hoping to change that and bring some balance back. It’s going to be rough, because there are a lot of people at work taking vacation this month, and our anniversary is in a couple weeks, but at this point I’d be happy if I manage at least a post a week. And I REALLY need to catch up on my blog reader. I’ve missed reading your posts.
I want to keep this kind of short because I want to do another post this morning, so I’ll bullet-point some other note-worthy stuff.
- I got a new tattoo! Well, technically 2 new tattoos. I got the NC non-compliant logo on my right wrist (the symbol for women labeled “non-compliant” to men and their standards in the comic Bitch Planet). I LOVE it. I love that it’s from a comic but that it’s a symbol for feminism and for refusing to keep quiet in the face of sexism. And I love that I had a lady tattoo artist do it. I always go to the same place to get my tattoos, and I just see whoever is available, but from now on I think I’m going to specifically request Ashley, because she was open and funny and did fabulously.
- The second tattoo is the 3 little stars from the tops of the Harry Potter pages 🙂 Because I really needed a Harry Potter tattoo. I’m going to add the stars to my other wrist at some point too, for a sense of symmetry.
- I went with my older sister, Heather, and she got her first tattoo! Yayyyy, Heather! She got the word “Believe” with the stars at the end.
- My mom and nephew are home from Maine temporarily while she tries to empty out the house so it can go up for sale. Love that they’re here.
- The honeyman and I have been playing Borderlands together, since I finally got my character up close to the level his is at. And he showed me a shield and pistol set up that is SO much better than what I was doing and now my character is almost over-powered. It’s awesome.
- I’m reading The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson, and I should be finishing it today. Considering we’re not even a week into July, this month is already looking better than June, reading-wise.
- I saw Magic Mike XXL yesterday with my friend. Yup, that’s what I did for 4th of July. We brought amaretto sours in 1 liter bottles, bought sodas, and then dumped the soda out and refilled our containers with the amaretto sours and drank while we watched the movie. I don’t know how you could see these movies sober – they’re SO much more fun when you’re getting drunk. After the movie we walked around the mall a tiny bit to sober up before walking back to her house, and we played a couple rounds of Glow Golf (it’s this inside mini-golf place in my mall, and it’s dark with everything in black light and neon, it’s really fun), and then got coffee and chatted for a while. It was a blast. And then the honeyman took me home, I fell asleep, and then read most of the night while he went to play video games with his friend. So basically, it was a nice laid-back holiday.
- It’s stupid that alcohol isn’t sold at movie theaters. At least, not in NY. I don’t know about other places.
Alright, that’s it for now. I got other posts to work on. My July TBR will be up soon – I’m waiting for a book to get here, which should be tomorrow.
How have you guys been?!?