My reading in May took a big hit – 4 novels, 2 novellas, and about 46 comics. Partly because I’ve been hitting the gym more, and watching my nephew every weekend, and have dived back into Borderlands 2 BIG TIME.
I’m not thinking that June is going to be a big reading month either, because THE HONEYMAN COMES HOME THIS MONTH YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! So I want to read all these, but between Borderlands distraction, getting the apt all prepped for the honeyman’s returned, and then actually getting to spend time with him when he gets home – my reading expectations are not that high.
Anyways, here’s some books I want to read, if by some miracle I get the chance to sit down and focus.
- Selfish, Shallow, and Self-Absorbed: Sixteen Writers on the Decision NOT to Have Kids edited by Meghan Daum – This book basically lives in my wheelhouse.
- Manhood by Terry Crews – Big buff-ass Terry Crews wrote a book about growing up as a man and how to be okay with your feminine side and he’s a feminist and this just sounds amazing.
- Missoula:Rape and the Justice System in a College Town by Jon Krakauer – Investigative journalism about the horribleness that is rape, specifically focusing on this college town, sound fascinating and terrible but like something I HAVE to read.
- Crux by Ramez Naam – I’m going to try to FINALLY read the sequel to Nexus, which I really liked. Downloaded this to my Kindle so I can start it at literally any time – in the gym, in bed, waiting in the airport, etc.
- Ginga by Daniel José Older – The author’s newest novella is already waiting for me on my Kindle. Something to hold me over until his newest novel, Shadowshaper, comes out at the end of the month.
- Daredevil comics – I’m not being specific about which ones, because there are a ton on Scribd that I’m going to try. SO excited.
And I could add more, but I’m going to stop myself here. There will probably be a bunch of comics read too, of course.
What are you hoping to read this month? Anything you’re excited about?