It’s time for Bout of Books! I have been waiting for AGES. Since the last one ended.
Bout of Books is a week-long, no pressure, reading marathon and it is the greatest. I didn’t sign up to be an official expert or anything this time around, but I have done a lot of these so if you have questions, feel free to ask. You can still sign up here until Tuesday night. This is going to be a sticky post where I update everyday, plus I’ll be all over Twitter and Instagram, as usual – SarahSaysRead is my user name on everything.
Alright, let’s take a gander at this delicious stack of books.
- The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin
God Help the Child by Toni Morrison
- Symbiont by Mira Grant
- The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu
- March: Book 2 by John Lewis and Andrew Aydin
Daredevil: Guardian Devil by Kevin Smith and Joe Quesada
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis and Steve McNiven
Hawkeye: My Life as a Weapon by Matt Fraction and David Aja
- Hawkeye: Little Hits by Matt Fraction and David Aja
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng (Kindle, already started)
Invincible Iron Man: Volume 8 by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca (Scribd)
- Read 1000 pages.
Join in for at least one Twitter chat.
- Comment on blogs.
- Have fun.
THE UPDATES – (I’m using a slightly modified version of the Bout of Books template)
Number of pages I’ve read today: 156
Total number of books I’ve read: 0
Books I read from: The Three-Body Problem, Daredevil: Guardian Devil
#todayinsixwords: Where did all the time go?
Number of pages I’ve read today: 116
Total number of books I’ve read: 1
Books I read from: Daredevil: Guardian Devil
#todayinsixwords: Saw Age of Ultron again, so…
Number of pages I’ve read today: 326
Total number of books I’ve read: Uhh… 21 issues of comics. (Three volumes, and some single issues.)
Books I read from: Invincible Iron Man volume 8, Alex + Ada volume 1, Ms. Marvel # 15, Thor # 7-8, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #5
#todayinsixwords: Got 4 hours sleep last night.
Number of pages I’ve read today: 270, plus whatever 7% of Marvel Comics: The Untold Story is. I’m listening to it on audio.
Total number of books I’ve read: 31 issues of comics
Books I read from: Marvel Comics: The Untold Story, RUNLOVEKILL #1-2, Inhuman #13-14, Uncanny Inhumans #1, Inhuman Annual #1, Birthright#7, Nailbiter #12, Storm #10-11
#todayinsixwords: Comics. Surprise call from the honeyman!
Number of pages I’ve read today: Whatever 2% of Marvel Comics: The Untold Story is.
Total number of books I’ve read: 31 issues of comics.
Books I read from:Marvel Comics: The Untold Story audiobook.
#todayinsixwords: Ended up not reading at lunch.
Number of pages I’ve read today: 240
Total number of books I’ve read: 34 issues of comics, 2 novellas
Books I read from: God Help the Child, Saga #26-28, Kia and Gio, and Anyway: Angie by Daniel Jose Older
#todayinsixwords: Not bad, saw Big Hero Six!
Number of pages I’ve read today: 234
Total number of books I’ve read: 40 issues of comics, 2 novellas, 1 book
Books I read from: Hawkeye volume 1, God Help the Child
#todayinsixwords: Great second half of the day.
1. How do you organize your shelves? They’re kind of spread out, but I have a whole bookshelf of just favorites and comics, and then classics, non-fiction, romance, poetry, general fiction, and then other shelves that are just series or all mass markets, etc. It’ll be more organized when I have a library room again.
2. What is one of your favorite book that’s not in one of your favorite genres? Uhh… Bet Me I guess? Romance isn’t a big genre for me, but man I love that book.
3. What is the last 5 star book you read? I’m not sure… my spreadsheet isn’t in front of me right now to look at my recently read stuff. But off the top of my head, The Martian and The Lies of Locke Lamora. Neither of which were very recent, so I’m probably forgetting something glaringly obvious from this year, I’m sure.
4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon? Daredevil: Guardian Devil, hands down. I’ll probably read it tonight after work. I am so excited to start reading Daredevil.
5. What book do you recommend the most? Outlander, probably. I just love it so much.
- 1342 pages read, most of which was comics
- Plus about 11% of Marvel Comics: The Untold Story on audio
- Favorite reads: RUNLOVEKILL #1 & #2, Kia and Gio, and Anyway: Angie
- Least favorite reads: Daredevil: Guardian Devil by Kevin Smith and Joe Quesada. Disappointing intro to this character, but I’m looking forward to exploring other Daredevil titles
- Took place in one awesome Twitter chat
- Had a blast!