April was… interesting. You’ll see my stats later in the mini-review recap, but I read a LOT of comics. I mean I thought I read a lot of them in March (62), but April was beat that. I still managed to read 6 regular books, so that’s good too.
BTW, now that it’s May I can officially say this – THE HONEYMAN COMES HOME NEXT MONTH. Come onnnn, June. I tried to be pretty tame with my pile here, because I may be busy with get-ready-for-Treland-to-come-home stuff. Cleaning and organizing and stuff, but also finishing The Walking Dead game and Borderlands 2, cause it’d be nice to have those wrapped up before he comes up. Bout of Books is in May (did you sign up yet?), so maybe I’ll end up reading more than I think, but we’ll see. So let’s see:
- Last God Standing by Michael Boatman – I bought this months ago. It’s published by Angry Robot (I usually like them) and it’s about God quitting and joining the human race and trying to make it as a comedian. Sounds hilarious.
- The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande – This is by that guy that wrote Being Mortal, which I haven’t read yet but have on audio. This book about how critical checklists are sounds weirdly interesting though.
- The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin – How have I not read this yet??? I love Jemisin’s other series, and I miss her writing and could use some fantasy, so I’m FINALLY diving into this.
- The Woman Who Died A Lot by Jasper Fforde – The most recent Thursday Next novel, I believe. It’s nice that I’ll finally be caught up with this awesome, mind-bendy series and can move on to some of his other stuff.
- Deadpool Classic volume 4 by Joe Kelly, James Felder, and others – Continuing on with my Deadpool reads. An artist I wasn’t really a fan of isn’t in this, so I’m doubly excited.
- Invincible Iron Man volume 7 by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca – On Scribd, I’ve been flying through these.
- Invincible Iron Man volume 8 by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca – Seriously, they’re so good, but Scribd only have up to volume 8 and I think there’s more after that… what am I going to do?
- Daredevil: Guardian Devil by Kevin Smith and Joe Quesada – One of the comic shop guys suggested I start here for Daredevil, and then move on to some of the other runs. I’m SO excited.
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng – This finally became available on Overdrive! Yay!
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz – I’ve had this on my Kindle for ages and I’ve heard it’s really fantastic, so this is definitely finally happening.
- Men We Reaped by Jesmyn Ward – On Scribd, been wanting to read this for a while.
That didn’t end up being as tame of a list as I thought… oh well. Here’s to hoping I get extra reading time! What are you itching to read this month?