- So… I fell asleep. DAMN. I was really hoping that this would be the one that I stayed up through entirely. I think I passed out around 11 PM (so early, really) and woke back up at 5 AM… and then I fell asleep again sometime before 8 AM. Ugh.
- I mean, obviously there’s no failing in the readathon and I’m still happy I read a bunch (that stack in the picture on the top left), but damn.
- If anyone’s wondering, the Chips Ahoy Oreo Cream-filled cookies are not that great. Not enough filling.
- I loved focusing on comics! My downfall last night may have actually been switching to a regular book. It’s a really great book, but less flipping of pages, less color… maybe that’s what knocked me out.
- So, now I’m going to go throw chicken in the crockpot (didn’t actually make dinner yesterday because I had so many snacks), clean, and read more and wait for the honeyman to call – fingers crossed.
Oh right, End of Event thing!
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 15, apparently. How lame.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The Sculptor by Scott McCloud was a really good graphic novel. I didn’t think I’d finish it since it’s like 500 pages, but I did!
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Okay this may have been a thing and maybe I just missed it… but a Twitter chat around hour 18-20 would be really fun! If I knew going in that there would be a Twitter chat at a certain time, I would’ve set an alarm as a reminder and wouldn’t have slept 5 hours straight, lol. And Twitter chats are SO FUN. And looking at a screen helps keep you awake, and it’s more interactive than just blog-hopping.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Man, you cheerleaders were ON POINT. Great job!!!
- How many books did you read? I read two graphic novels, five trade volumes, and five single issues. That actually comes out to 32 issues and 2 graphic novels.
- What were the names of the books you read?
- The Sculptor
- The Griff
- Ms. Marvel #14
- Chew #46-48
- Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #4
- Manifest Destiny Volume 1
- Copperhead Volume 1
- Fables Volume 2
- Invincible Iron Man Volume 5
- Truth: Red, White, & Black
- Which book did you enjoy most? Hmmm… Iron Man, or Fables. Or all of the single issues I read because those are some of my absolute favorite series.
- Which did you enjoy least? Sadly, The Griff. It didn’t feel very Christopher Moore-ish, except for when one character said “fucksocks”.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? OF COURSE I’m gonna readathon again. Hopefully in a more active role as a cheerleader or challenge host.
I had a blast with everyone! Thanks for putting up with my tons of Instagram photos and tweets. Now, I have things to do. How is it 1 PM already?!