Alright, time for another update!
- More things read, as seen above. The Sculptor was really good.
- Thinking about taking a break from my comics and reading a book-book soon. MAYBE.
- Jalapeno poppers are in the oven and maaaan I can’t wait.
- I wish the honeyman was home for the readathon. I mean, I wish he was home all the time because MAN I miss him, but I miss him playing video games or going out to get us food, and us talking about whatever he’s playing and whatever I’m reading. Le sigh. The apartment is just so damn silent and it was making me extra sleepy, I think, so I put music on reeeeaaallll low so I had background noise but wasn’t distracted.
- Also, I had an energy drink and that may have helped with avoiding a nap too.
- I watched this lip sync battle between Terry Crews and Mike Tyson earlier and I cracking up
- I was on Christopher Moore’s website to double check something about his graphic novel The Griff, and found out there’s a sequel to his book A Dirty Job coming out in August! It’s called Secondhand Souls and holy shit I cannot wait. A Dirty Job is my second favorite Moore book.
Oh right, and there’s a Mid-Event Survey thing! Let’s do that.
1. What are you reading right now? Well technically nothing, I’m between books right now.
2. How many books have you read so far? Ummm 8. Which is really 6 trade volumes or graphic novels and 2 single issues.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? More Invincible Iron Man. I’m on volume 6 right now.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Not really… I went out at 9 this morning to run a couple errands, and then I stopped at Starbucks and read for a bit. But otherwise, nothing.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I tweeted this earlier on, but almost every readathon TBR stack I’ve seen online today has had some sort of comics in it and that is SO exciting. I remember years ago when book bloggers weren’t really into comics, and if they were, it was usually only stand-alone graphic novels (myself included). But I’ve seen a ton of trades in piles – lots of Ms. Marvel, Locke & Key, Sex Criminals, and more. There’s been a huge explosion of comics reading among book bloggers and I LOVE seeing it. But otherwise, no surprises. Readathoners continue to be incredibly awesome.
So. I’m gonna blog hop a bit, then settle down with more reading and some jalapeno poppers. Can’t believe we’re half-way through already!! How is your day going?