The readathon is here! The readathon is here! I’m pretty excited. I’m going to try to stay up for the full thing, and hopefully socializing and being online will help with that. I’ll do update posts… I don’t know… sporadically. Maybe every 6 hours? I don’t like posting a million times because DUDE IT’S TIME CONSUMING AND I’M TRYING TO READ HERE.
So let’s gaze in wonder at my awesome stack of stuff to read.
Manhattan Projects: Volume 5 by Jonathan Hickman and Nick Pitarra
Copperhead: Volume 1 by Jay Faerber and Ron Riley
Manifest Destiny: Volume 1 by Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts, and Owen Gieni
Fables: Volume 2 by Bill Willingham and Mark Buckingham
Truth: Red, White, and Black by Robert Morales and Kyle Baker
The Sculptor by Scott McCloud
The Invincible Iron Man: Volume 5 (and up) by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca (on Scribd)
The Griff by Christopher Moore and Ian Corson (on Scribd)
Many other single issues, including Ms. Marvel, Chew, Saga, Storm, Thor, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Descender, and more
And a couple books:
The Rebirths of Tao by Wesley Chu
Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine
I’m going to throw stuff in the crockpot later for chicken tacos, I have water and an energy drink, I have snacks, and I think I’m going to head to Starbucks soon to have breakfast and coffee and start reading! Today is going to be a blast. And I don’t have any page or book goals or anything. Just want to have fun and read as much as I can.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? NY. It’s annoyingly chilly.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Sculptor, I think. I’ve heard so many amazing things about it. It was due at the library this Wednesday, but I kept it purposely to read today. Late fines be damned.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Starbucks! I know, how sad. I’m also really looking forward to some strawberries.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Ummmm… my bff is my cat. She’s insane but she’s also the sweetest and I love her.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I’ve done a million of these things. I haven’t yet managed to stay up for the full 24-hours, but hopefully this will be the time! Because damn, I want to have done it at least once. Also, my reading is going to be like 90% comics. I have two other books in my stack as well just in case I want to mix it up.
Alright, so are you ready?? I’m ready. We have about 20 minutes till it officially starts – I’m gonna go do a couple last minute things. If you want to chat with my during the readathon, I’m @SarahSaysRead on Twitter and Instagram 🙂
Let’s do this!