Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
I had full intentions of participating in this week’s Top Ten Tuesday because it’s an easy one – Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List. But once again I got a bit busy, and I missed it. I still feel posting something though, and don’t have any review notes in front of me, so here we are.
1. I Am Not a Slut by Leora Tanenbaum – About slut-shaming, with some updates/focus on the issue in the face of the internet and social media. I’ve heard that compared to the author’s previous book, Slut!, this isn’t very much of an update and not very much time is spent on talking about the impact technology has had, but I haven’t read her first book so I think this will still be an interesting read.
2. Neutrino Hunters by Ray Jayawardhana – Astrophysicist talks about the neutrino – what it is, and what it could mean for science. The science nerd in me is squeeing in excitement for this one.
3. March: Book Two by John Lewis and Nate Powell – March: Book One was FANTASTIC, and I’m really looking forward to reading Book Two. For those that don’t know, these are graphic memoirs about the Civil Rights Movement, written by Congressman John Lewis.
4. White Cat by Holly Black – This is a YA book, and it’s about con people I think, and that could only be fun. I hope. I heard that it’s a good book if you kind of want to root for the bad guys.
5. Borderlands: The Fallen by John Shirley – THERE ARE BORDERLANDS BOOKS. As if me being totally immersed in the game and comics wasn’t enough, I discovered on Scribd that there are whole novels. O.M.G.
6. Futureland by Walter Mosley – I have never read Walter Mosley! And he seems like a pretty popular author. I’m hoping that this book of sci-fi short stories is a decent introduction to him.
7. Invincible Iron Man by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca – There are 8 whole volumes of this comic series available for reading on Scribd. I’ve always wanted to read Iron Man, and I heard that this was a good place to start, so finding it on Scribd felt like striking gold.
8. High Price by Carl Hart – This is a memoir, written by a neuroscientist at Columbia University, about his experiences with drugs and I think it goes into some of his current research on drug use. It sounds super fascinating. I might listen to this one on audio.
9. Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Meg Medina – Got this as part of my Ninja Book Swap package! I’ve heard such fabulous things about Meg Medina, and I’m psyched to finally reading one of her more popular books.
10. The Woman Who Died A Lot by Jasper Fforde – Continuing on with my Thursday Next reads. They’re always good for some brain and imagination exercising.
And that’s ten! I’m really, really looking forward to reading all of these. Hopefully I get to them, of course. I should. I’m looking forward to some warm, sunny weather that I can spend reading outside. Man I miss reading in my car at lunch time. What are you looking forward to reading in the next few months?
(Also, holy crap, Spring officially begins on Friday! Amazing.)