February was a big fat fail. I really should have seen that coming, honestly. I finished 3 books, 1 graphic memoir, and read 32 issues of comics. I’m almost done with An Untamed State, and I’m almost done with the audiobook of Stuff Matters… but still, that’s so sad.
Anyways, March should be better, reading-wise. At least for the sheet fact that I shouldn’t be working as much. But who knows, really. So my pile is not TOO ambitious, and has a bit of carry-over from last month. February TBR 2.0, kind of.
From the top…
- Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie – Because I feel like a comfort read right now, and as much as I’m yearning to just start re-reading Outlander again, I’m not going to do that because it’s a long series and I just read it last year. I haven’t read Bet Me in a few years, so that should do the trick.
- Zone One by Colson Whitehead – I really did enjoy The Intuitionist by this author, and this weekend I saw this in the used library bookstore. Score! It didn’t get great reviews on Amazon from what I noticed earlier, but I’m trying it anyways. I think it’s about zombies.
- Heaven’s Queen by Rachel Bach – I’ve been having trouble getting really good and sucked into a book lately. I bet this will work. I flew through the first two in the series. (Carry over from Feb)
- Welcome to Braggsville by T. Geronimo Johnson – A new book that I’ve heard great things about lately. Apparently it’s kind of funny and satirical and about racism and it sounds just like my type of thing.
- Saga: Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples – Sagaaaaa! I’m re-reading the first three volumes (aka “deluxe edition volume 1”) on my Kindle Fire right now, can’t wait to read the new one.
- Fables: Volume 1 by Bill Willingham and Lan Medina – I have been meaning to start this series for AGES, and I’m finally gonna do it. Honestly, my main motivation (besides everyone loving it) is that Telltale Games as a video game out that’s based on the series called A Wolf Among Us that looks good, but I want to read some of the comics before I eventually get to the game.
- The Encyclopedia of Early Earth by Isabel Greenberg – I renewed it at the library, so it’s gotta happen. But man, it’s so large. (Carry over from Feb)
Comics not listed…
- Newest issue of Rat Queens comes out this week!
- Deadpool Classic volume 3 should be coming in for me at the comic shop.
- Chew volume 9!! Just ordered it with the gift card my sister got me for my birthday. I am SO EXCITED.
And I’m sure I’ll read random things on Oyster or Kindle as I come across them… trying to be kind of laid back about my reading this month. Pretty good mix of race and gender in my to-read pile though, so that’s good. Even though I’ve been slacking in my reading, I’m still being aware.
What’s on your list to read next? What new books are you excited about?