- I’ve been quiet on Twitter and whatnot this week. We have a new temp at work now (so far so good) and so that’s taking up ALL my time. I got in 53 hours this week – already failed at my “I don’t want to work more than 50 hours a week” thing. Nice.
- I did manage to finish two books this week – Half-Resurrection Blues by Daniel Jose Older, and Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit. I MIGHT be able to write a review or two today, but I’ve finally started An Untamed State by Roxane Gay and it’s calling to me.
- Oh yeah, yesterday was Valentine’s Day. My older sister came out my way to run my tons of errands, and we shopped and had lunch at Moe’s. I FINALLY bought new black dress boots for work. It was nice, but I didn’t get home till 5 pm and was beat. I passed out on the couch I think before 9 last night.
- On the plus side, I woke up really early this morning and went to the gym. And now I’m staying inside the rest of the day because it’s super crappy outside. I hate winter.
- I forgot to mention it last week, but Harper Lee has a new book coming out (Go Set a Watchman) and though I have some misgivings about how it all came about, I’m excited to read it. Come onnnn, July. I think I should re-read To Kill a Mockingbird before that though. I’ve only read it once.
- No letter from the honeyman this week, which sucks. I don’t know how their mail system really works, but I know the honeyman said last week that he mailed something, so I was hoping. I really want his address so I can start mailing my letters to him. But, my fingers are crossed for a call today.
- I’m all caught up on The Flash! I purposely caught up on it so that I could cancel Hulu, but now that I watched so many… I want to be able to keep watching it, so maybe I won’t cancel Hulu? Damn subscription services are so tempting.
- I have chicken taco chili in the crockpot right now, and that’ll be my dinner basically all week. Last week it was vegetable lasagna. Really no sense in making myself small regular dinners, especially when I’m working late too. But by the end of the week, I definitely get sick of eating the same thing and will go splurge on a sub or something.
Okay, I’m going to go cuddle up with Gabby and read. Poor kitty, she’s so attention-starved right now. How has your weekend been? Did you all have a lovely V-Day?