- I’m not even going to pretend to not just jump right into bullet-points anymore.
- Less than a week until the honeyman leaves for basic. I’m going to try to get some reviews scheduled for this week (Ancillary Justice, Adulthood Rites, How to Be Black), but I probably won’t be posting or blog-reading a lot. I’ll have all the time in the world for that later.
- I finally got calendars! Almost three weeks into the new year, lol. It’s been driving me crazy. The calenders were all still marked 50% off when we went in there. While we were looking around, the guy behind the counter got a call and we heard this “What the fuck? Monday? You know this isn’t a kiosk, it’s a whole damn store… The calendars are still at 50% right now…” And then he walked around telling all the customers that starting immediately, the calendars are 75% off. I got two calendars for $7! The pocket one is for the kitchen (I love sticking bills and stuff in those kinds of calendars), and the elements one is going to be my blogging calendar. Oh, and I got Daniel Jose Older’s new book while we were in the mall. I couldn’t resist.
- I’ve been using Goodreads lately mainly to keep a running “non-white authors” shelf. If you’re also trying to read more diversely this year, check it out. Basically any time I hear of a non-white author whose works sound interesting, I add a book or a few of theirs to this shelf. If you have any suggestions, let me know, especially for comics.
- I did a Humble Bundle Image Comics purchase – for about $20, it includes the first volumes of a whole bunch of series, the first 18 issues of Saga, the entire compendium one of The Walking Dead, and a ton more. I’m excited about it… except there’s supposed to be a “send to Kindle” option, and I can’t seem to freaking find it. And I can download them all to the computer and then move them to my Kindle Fire, but the best format for that is apparently MOBI files, which I also can’t see an option for. I messaged their support team, but it’s been over 24 hours… So far, not a super great experience. I guess I can eventually download all the PDFs and read them that way, but what a pain in the ass…
- Cougar Town is back on! It’s the sixth and final season. I’ll probably just wait till next week to buy the first episodes on Amazon and watch them. I need to re-stock my wine first.
- I got some awesome books out from the library this weekend, and I’m already super-excited for my February TBR. One of them is The Rosie Effect, and it’s so hard to not just dive into it right now.
- Soooo, what am I reading right now? FIVE FREAKING BOOKS. I know, that’s ridiculous. I’ll finish How to Be Black today, and probably Deadpool Classic volume 2 too. I’m still listening to Undeniable by Bill Nye on Audible, and yesterday I started PRO by Katha Pollitt and The Institutionist by Colson Whitehead. And all are good so far. Damn.
- And last update I guess is that I’ve been working out and eating better with the honeyman this week, and that feels nice.
I hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend. I’ll catch up blog-reading and stuff a lot next week – with the honeyman leaving and me having a ton of stuff to do at work this week in only three days, it’s a bit hectic right now. Le sigh.