Well, this wasn’t a very eventful week and I have other posts to write and books I want to finish today, so let’s bullet point this –
- Happy 2015! New Year’s was spent at our friends house, playing Borderlands 2. It was very laid back, I didn’t get drunk, and we were home by 2 I think.
- I’m looooooving my Kindle Fire.
- My father is supposed to get out of jail within a week, I think. I can’t really remember the date. I’m really, really hoping he doesn’t show up at my apartment or my mom’s house. It’s on all of our minds a lot, worrying about what he may or may not do when he gets out. He was in jail for domestic violence against his ex, who already had an order of protection against him. He’s not exactly emotionally stable, and has a lot of anger and resentment built up against basically everyone, who he blames for all of his bad decisions. And I love my dad, but I haven’t spoken to him since September – I’m sure he’s still all angry over that. Soooo… here’s to hoping, I guess. I don’t want to get into anything here and I’m not asking for sympathy, of course. It’s just stressing me out right now. Anyways…
- I used my gift cards I got for Christmas! I ordered Brown Girl Dreaming, Black Science vol 1, and Sherlock and Holmes vol 1 from Amazon and those came. I had a Barnes and Noble gift card, and they were having a buy 2, get the 3rd free sale on all Marvel & DC stuff, so I ordered Deadpool Killustrated, and Captain Marvel / Carol Danvers vol 1 & 2 (the slightly older run, not the newest one). There’s a ton of books I want to get my hands on, but I’m trying to pace myself with that, since I have Oyster again.
- I have less than 100 pages left in Mr. Fox by Helen Oyeyemi… not sure how I feel about it. It’s kind of confusing, and one of the stories was about a girl who was getting letters from her dad in prison who she hadn’t talked to in years, and that was kind of annoying, given the dad issues on my mind at the moment. I’m reading for escapism, dammit, and that just kind of crept in there. I’m hoping to finish Mr. Fox and Salsa Nocturna today. I’m really enjoying Salsa Nocturna, so that shouldn’t be a problem.
- Bout of Books 12 starts tomorrow!! And I’m an expert again, so let me tell you – you should join in. It’s the funnest readathon. You don’t have to read anymore than you usually do – but you can take part in challenges if you want, and the Twitter chats are the best. It’s really laid back and awesome. You know you want to.
- Gabby has been a weirdo the past couple days – running around like a maniac, attacking dust, chasing car lights from outside up the walls… but she’s also been super sweet and lovey, so it’s okay.
- I’m at that kind of annoying, but also refreshing time after the holidays where I’m trying to catch up as much as possible on bills and everything I’ve been putting off due to Christmas shopping and whatnot. It doesn’t leave a whole lot of extra money for book, comic, or clothes shopping but hopefully by the end of the month everything will be back to normal.
Alright, enough rambling. Stuff to do, things to read, baked macaroni and cheese at my mom’s for me to steal. How is your weekend going?