Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
Christmas is almost heeeere! Just a couple more days to wait. I’m really, really looking forward to some quiet time with the honeyman and family. The topic this week is Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Bringing This Year. I suppose it wouldn’t be the WORST thing if these books and stuff showed up under my tree 😉
1. BookRiot swag – BookRiot finally made my wishes came true and opened up their own web store. I am eyeing the Read Harder tees and BOOKRIOT hoodies so hard right now.
2. Oyster subscription – I plan on getting a Kindle Fire as soon as I can, and I want Oyster at my fingertips! $10 a month is cheap for all-you-can-eat style access to books, but a gift subscription sure wouldn’t hurt.
3. The Birth of the Pill by Jonathan Eig – I am so DYING to read this book. I got it from the library a while back, but only made it a couple chapters in because it was due.
4. Watson & Holmes volume 1 by Karl Bollers and Rick Leonardi – This is Sherlock, if it took place in modern-day Harlem. I want this comic in my face like NOW.
5. Habibi or Blankets by Craig Thompson – These big beautiful graphic novels are ones I’ve already read, but definitely need for my shelf. Some of the best artwork I’ve ever seen.
6. Black Science volume 1 by Rick Remender and Matteo Scalera – I’ve been wanting to try Black Science for months now, but never got around to getting myself the first trade because I hadn’t heard much about it. I’ve asked around and it seems well-liked, so now I need it.
7. Outlander Kindle case – I wasn’t even aware this existed until like two weeks ago, but it’s PERRRRECT. I don’t even know if it would fit my Paperwhite, but seriously want it now. The Galaxy S4 case is pretty wonderful too…
8. Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie – This book and it’s sequel are super hot in the sci-fi genre right now. I can’t wait to get my greedy hands on it.
9. Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson – I probably won’t get this from anyone for Christmas, but this is going to be one of my first purchases of the new year. There’s been a lot of buzz around it – it won the National Book Award for children’s lit, and Woodson wrote a great piece about the racist comments the presenter at the awards made.
10. Red Lanterns, volume 1 (The New 52) by Peter Milligan and Ed Benes – So, I’m pretty sure this is the series in which I can finally get some Dex-Starr in my life. If I’m wrong, please correct me, because I want to read about this rage-filled kitty SO BAD.
What bookish goodies are you kinda, sorta hoping for this Christmas?