Christine at Bookishly Boisterous posted this, and well, I needed a post to do since I’m not going to bother reviewing my Harry Potter re-reads. So here we are. We all know I can’t resist a good survey. Ready to get a peek at my genius?
1. Why did you start blogging?
Because I had free time at my desk job, and no one to talk to about books. BAM. Magic formula.
2. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
I wanted something that had “Sarah” in it. Because I’m an egomaniac like that.
3. How many designs have you been through since you started blogging?
Oh good lord… I can’t even try to guess. My sister used to make me headers and stuff that I would change every season, and now I just have a simple, clean WordPress theme.
4. Have you ever switched blog platforms?
Yup. I started out on Blogspot, but it was always screwing up and WordPress seemed like it was better. I’m glad I made the switch – WordPress looks a bit better, and they have a lot of handy stuff. And they make owning my own domain pretty easy – I’m dreading trying to figure out how to switch to self-hosting but still keeping my mitts on “sarahsaysread.com”. I don’t know how all that works.
5. How long does it take you to write a post? What is your process like?
Depends on the post, but some posts take me HOURS. I’ve been a blogger for like 6 years or so, and I’m still not so great at the words. And my attention span is worse than ever. So there’s no real process… I just sit down and do it when I can.
6. Have you ever been super nervous about a post?
7. Do you have a blogging schedule?
I used to, and I miss that! I was really organized, had a blogging-only calendar and everything. I just don’t have the time now 😦
8. Do you tell people in-real-life about your blog? What are their reactions?
Depends. I tend to not tell work people about my blog. Other random people, sure.
9. Top ten blogs you read/comment on the most:
In no sort of order…
Okay, ten was not enough… should’ve been like top 25. Come on now.
10. If you could change/improve things about your blog, what would they be?
I want to write better, and more often.
I want to switch to self-hosting. It’s been my goal for about two years now. The first year it didn’t happen because I didn’t have the money to do it, and this year it didn’t happen because I switched jobs in February and my new position kept me SO much busier, so I didn’t really have the free time to invest. And I’m still pretty busy, so I don’t know when I’ll finally be able to make the change. I need some balance.
Well that was fun and a teeny bit depressing! I need to come up with a plan, man.