Today kicks off Reading in Winter’s Graphic Novel Week, which I’m pretty excited about – mainly because it gives me an excuse to read more comics this week and yay, more reading in general. Comics and graphic novels are kind of perfect for sneaking reading into short free periods of time throughout the day – whether it’s a break during work, or reading a comic or two before you get dressed in the morning, or something to read for a few before bed. Anyways, here’s a look at what I’m looking to dive into this week.
- Single issues: Legenderry 3, 4, & 5 – Penny Dora and the Wishing Box 1 – Captain America and the Mighty Avengers 1.
- In Real Life by Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang – The only thing in this pile that’s a true stand-alone graphic novel, and I’ve heard great things about it.
- Astonishing X-Men volume 2 – REALLY excited to finish this run. Volume 1 was so much fun.
- FBP volume 2 – The first volume of Federal Bureau of Physics was interesting, but I wasn’t completely sold… we’ll see how this goes.
- The Flash volume 1 – I’m behind in watching the show, and I really want to read comics to learn some more backstory.
- Age of Ultron: The Complete Event – With the new Avengers movie practically around the corner, I really wanted to read this arc before seeing it. I flipped through it and the Hulk is red, Wolverine is around… I have no idea what’s going on, but I can’t wait to dive into this. Also, KUDOS to my library system for actually having this.
I’m hoping to read at least… 3 or 4 of these things this week? Sure.
What graphic novels or comics are you reading this week? Read any lately that you would recommend?