What a week!
- Another long week… I took a half day on Friday, and I STILL had 43 hours when I clocked out.
- I took a half day on Friday because I was hosting a jewelry party for my sisters… which really ended up being just family and a couple friends sitting around eating food and ordering some stuff. I hate these things. On the plus side, I have a lot of leftover wine, and my apartment is super clean.
- Yesterday I worked out for the first time in weeks. I may start including workout/weight loss updates here again… the 8 lbs or so I’ve gained back in the last year is REALLY bugging me. I’m toying with the idea of posting a daily My Fitness Pal update on Instagram or something, to keep me accountable… which would be really annoying for all of you, I’m sure, but I need that motivation right now.
- I also took my sister and her kids to the comic book store (that’s them up top posing in front of a superhero poster) and they were kiiiind of excited? Emma not so much, Josh I think was more overwhelmed and just wanted to read.
- And THEN we went to the Rochester Children’s Book Festival, and they met a bunch of cool authors (the ones that do Fancy Nancy, and the Five Little Monkeys books, and others…) and got books signed and did crafts and Emma and Josh had a blast. I grabbed a mass market book called Cretaceous Sea by Will Hubbell, which has time travel and dinosaurs so I’m sure I’ll love it, but the author wasn’t at his table to sign it, of course. Oh well. It was a lot of fun, and I never get to go to bookish events. I did have a headache by the end though. SO many children.
- Josh slept over last night, so we could play Black Ops 2 together and read comics and watch X-Men: Days of Future Past. He’s still passed out right now. I have to have my niece stay over some time soon. It’s exciting that they’re getting older and I can do fun stuff with them now. I can’t wait till all my nephews and niece are at least like 11.
- I’m SO ready for Christmas. Not actually, in that I’ve barely started shopping, but I’m in a very cheerful, Christmas-y mood lately. There’s been some snow flurries already, I’ve been singing along to Christmas music, and I bought a tiny cheap tree for our tiny apartment. I can’t wait to decorate on Black Friday!
- I finished a book! Dataclysm by Christian Rudder, and hopefully I’ll get the review up for that soon. I’m still plugging away to Yes Please by Amy Poehler on Audible. And I think I may start Glory O’Brien’s History of the Future today, or maybe I’ll just read comics all day. Who knows.
- My sister and I are toying with the idea of a real-life monthly book club. On the one hand, I kind of hate socializing. But on the other hand, I would really love to be able to talk to people about books more. I think keeping it relatively small would be best… I don’t know. It’s an idea, but wouldn’t happen any time soon anyways with the holidays and whatnot. And I’m going to be doing my Thanksgiving – 2015 Harry Potter re-read.
Okay. I think the nephew is finally waking up. Time to play video games while I do laundry. Sundays are awesome. How is yours going?