I’m both very happy and very sad that it’s Sunday. Sundays are usually awesome, but uggghhhhh Monday is tomorrow and I just can’t.
- Only worked 52 hours this week! That’s one less than last week! *rolls eyes*
- I went to a Jamberry Nails party last night. It was actually kind of cool, even though I barely have nails. Maybe they’ll help me stop biting them. Or, more likely, I’ll just use them on my toes. I bought a Galactic pattern, and a Newspaper pattern. Space and anything bookish, those are my things. OH MAN I wish they had a cat pattern… or comics/superheroes.
- I am making a chicken pot pie tonight, and chicken taco chili tomorrow. The chicken pot pie is SO delicious but so bad for you… the chicken taco chili is a Skinnytaste recipe so you can basically eat as much as you want and the calories hardly amount to anything, which is awesome. Basically, I’m excited for cold-weather food.
- A friend of mine read borrowed and read my copy of Bad Feminist, and when we talked about it, both of her criticisms of the book had to do with essays that were more about race, and that’s just so odd to me. So odd that apparently it’s something still on my mind, even days later.
- I have not finished a book in fucking forever. My goal today is to write some review posts, mini or otherwise, and then lay around reading all day. I’m about halfway through Station Eleven, I have a ton of comics to catch up on, and I really want to start other books from my November TBR. I had started The Birth of the Pill last week, but I ended up having to return it to the library unfinished. One more book to go on my Christmas list.
- I’m listening to Yes Please by Amy Poehler on Audible and it’s amusing. She has a lot of guest stars popping in and out, she’s funny and nice, and it’s a good driving listen.
- I’m hoping the honeyman will agree to watch Horns with me tonight if we rent it on Amazon Instant Video. I really want to see it, and I almost never want to see movies.
- We went to the new Buffalo Wild Wings that opened up near our house, and it was VERY pleasant. It happened to be 60 cent boneless wing night, everyone was super friendly, there were charging ports at the booth for your phone AND free wi-fi, and the food was delicious. I think we’re going to go there for date night more often.
- I really should leave the house today to do some sort of shopping. I need new shoes, I need to start Christmas shopping, etc… but I kinda just don’t feel like it.
Alright, I’m going to start writing some reviews while I still have some motivation. How is everyone else’s weekend going?