Holy crap on a cracker, I can’t believe it’s already October. Wasn’t I just writing the TBR post for September???
Soooo September. I managed about 6 books, including an audiobook and some comics. I blame it on the honeyman. He lures me into hanging out with him re-watching TBBT and playing Borderlands. But now he’s started binge re-watching Dexter, so if I can manage to ignore that playing in the background, I should be able to read more this month. I am seriously considering some fancy noise-cancelling headphones, since I seem to have the concentration powers of a freaking squirrel lately.
So let’s look at what’s on here…
In the book stack:
- A Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean – Seriously, I think a fluffy romance read is in order right now.
- Bag of Bones by Stephen King – I admit it. This one probably isn’t going to happen, but I’m throwing it in here anyways. I want to read it… but I also just finished Misery by Stephen King, completing my R.I.P IX goals, and let’s face it – I’ll probably want a break.
- What We See When We Read by Peter Mendelsund – This came in my BookRiot Quarterly box and I am REALLY excited to read it.
- 2 A.M. at The Cat’s Pajamas by Marie-Helene Bertino – Leah says this book is awesome, I have trust her. On the downside, I think it’d due this weekend, so I REALLY need to start it or face lots of library fines.
- Fortune’s Pawn by Rachel Bach – Finally going to read this one! I just had the sample on my Kindle last month, but now I have the library copy AND an e-copy. It’s happening.
- Season to Taste by Natalie Young – I feel like a book about a lady killing and eating her crappy husband will be perfect right around Halloween, right?
- Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday- I have the first volume from the library, and I’m really excited. Joss Whedon wrote these! On the down side, I took a peek inside and I HATE the way John Cassaday drew Beast. He looks like a cat, it’s horrible. But I hear this is a decent place to kind of jump into X-Men, so I’m doing it.
On the Kindle:
- Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer – I’ve been intrigued by this book series (The Southern Reach trilogy) for a while whether due to hearing praise for it or because of the awesome covers, I don’t even know. But it was like $3 on Amazon so I snapped it up.
- The Gunslinger by Stephen King – Yeah, more King… The e-book finally became available on Overdrive, so it’s on there. I really do want to start the Dark Towers series.
- Sad Robot Stories by Mason Johnson – Katie wrote about this and convinced me that I needed it. It’s about a robot (named Robot) who is fond of humans.
- Well, the Astonishing X-Men that I already mentioned…
- Rat Queens #8 by Kurtis J. Wiebe and Roc Upchurch – This is a carry over from last month, because the release date changed. It SHOULD be coming out today, and omg omg omg I can’t wait to go to the comic shop this weekend and get my hands on it.
- Damsels in Excess #2 by Vince Hernandez and Mirka Andolfo – I read issue #1 and I’m not sure about it yet… It’s kind of like Y: The Last Man, but set in a mythical kingdom kind of setting, and there are five princesses, and yeah. It’s interesting, but we’ll see.
- Legenderry #1 and #2 by Bill Willingham and Sergio Davila – I am SO excited to try these. There’s just something about a steampunk comic series that makes me feel like it would ring all my bells, you know?
- You Are Not So Smart by David McRaney – This is super interesting listen, and I’m already several hours into it. I’m realizing more and more that non-fic and comedy are my JAM on audio.
- ? – I have an Audible credit, just begging to be spent. Still debating what I want to choose though…
As always, this seems like a lot. And as usual, I’m sure I won’t get to them all. But I remain excited anyways. And don’t forget – Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon is October 18th! And my boss just approved my vacation time for the three days before that. ALL THE READING!
Anything special on your radar this month?