I figured I’d do this today and skip this weekend’s Sarah Sunday, hopefully to free up more time on Sunday to write reviews and whatnot… link up here! And thanks as always to Christine for hosting.
1. I am SO off track. I started getting sick over the weekend, and then thought maybe not, and then I got home from the gym on Monday night and BAM! It hit me like a ton of bricks. I feel like that was bullshit, because I had just been healthy and worked out, so NOT FAIR. Ah well. I’m feeling better today.
2. Also, I’ve been slammed at work, so not really a whole lot of down time. I’ve been coming home after work and collapsing on the couch to watch a few episodes of The Big Bang Theory before heading to bed at 9.
3. This Friday we’re hosting game night, I have to get up at like 5 on Saturday to go visit my dad, and then as soon as I get home from that then the honeyman and I are supposed to go to Roc Con, my city’s own version of an anime and sci-fi convention. I’m really hoping that it’s a fun time, even though I’m sure it won’t be nearly as impressive as all of the big-city cons.
4. Amazon announced six “new” devices yesterday – really just updates of their current gadgets. I’m eyeing that new Kindle Fire HD 7. Maybe I’ll be able to get one eventually. They’re also apparently improving the ability to lend e-books, apps, etc to family and friends, but that’s not something I usually worry too much about (although now that I think about it, maybe it would be cool to have access to my sister’s e-books and vice versa. Hmmmm….)
5. I finished Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill, which I believe means I’ve officially halfway to completing my goal for RIP IX. I’m obviously going to try to cram more in before the end of October, but yay.
6. I’ve also started (as in I’ve read a few pages each night before passing out) The Future of the Mind by Michio Kaku as one of my Diversiverse picks, and I think I’m going to start Dawn by Octavia Butler today. Hell yes, diverse reading!
7. It’s date night tonight. Not sure if we’re going to cook at home and play Borderlands 2, or maybe go to the gym and then to IHOP (realllllly craving that chicken and waffles), or maybe to see a cheap movie… either way, I’m excited to get to spend time with the honeyman. Hopefully I continue to feel better today…
8. I have about an hour left in my Chris Hadfield audiobook. It’s been fantastic to listen to. I need to hop online and watch some of those videos on Youtube he talks about posting while he was on the ISS.
9. What Type of Book Are You? I’m apparently a well-loved book. Aww.
10. Dewey’s readathon is coming up in a month! And I’m going to have a few days off of work beforehand to get any chores out of the way and to catch up on sleep so I can aim to actually stay awake for the full 24-hours. I usually don’t even try, but this year I might.
Happy Thursday everyone! Go drink coffee and count down the minutes till the weekend.