1. What is your favorite fictional food or drink?
I’m not sure I have a particular favorite dish. I do ALWAYS get hungry when I read the Outlander books – stew and bread just sound so delicious, especially when I read them during the winter months.
2. How long did it take you to finish your last book?
A few days? Longer than it should have, but the end of my week is always busy, so I hardly get any reading done of Thursdays and Fridays except when I can squeeze in during my lunch.
3. How many times do you stare at your books or bookshelves each day?
Lots, but I’m not sure there’s a way that I would quantify this…
4. How many Goodreads friends and books do you have?
LOL Goodreads. You’re funny.
5. Do you ever quote books in public?
No. TV shows, movies, even video games – yes. But hardly anyone would catch any bookish reference or quote I would try to throw in there.
6. Do you ever reread books?
Of course – I read Harry Potter and Outlander alternately basically every other year.
7. Do you judge a book by its cover?
Of course. And I’m not even sorry – I’ve been hooked in by a cover and it’s worked out pretty well.
Sorry Laurie, I disagree.
8. Instagram, Twitter, or Tumblr?
INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER. Tumblr I really only go on when I want to search for GIFs.
9. Which genres take you the longest to read?
Classics and non-fiction, depending on the book. But generally if I have to pay closer attention, it’s going to take me longer.
10. Who are your favorite BookTubers (or Book Bloggers)?
I can’t even make a list this long. Seriously, SO many book bloggers.
11. How often do you pre-order books?
I don’t think I’ve ever pre-ordered a book. I was on reservation lists at Borders for the last HP book, but I think that’s it.
12. Are you a shopaholic?
When it comes to books and comics, absolutely.
13. How many times have you reread your favorite book?
Well that would be Outlander, and probably… 5 times? At least?
14. Do you own a lot of books?
A CRAP TON. That’s an official term of measurement for how many books I have.
15. Do you take pictures of your books before you read them?
I usually take pictures of books as I’m reading them… I Instagram a lot, and I’m easily distracted apparently…
16. Do you read every day?
17. How do you choose a new book?
I’m not sure there’s a method to the madness. I kind of just wing it.
18. Do you always have a book with you?
Yes. Like 98% of the time.
(This ended at question 18 and that’s really bothering me, so I’ll add on two more…)
19. What are your biggest distractions from reading?
Blogging, working, working out, video games, hanging out with the honeyman, chores, errands… it’s amazing I get any reading done these days.
20. What is your favorite place to buy books?
ALL the places. Barnes and Noble, comic book shop, Amazon, used library bookstore… I wish there was an indie book store in my area, but there’s really not. Just a couple of used book stores, and those turn out to be rarely worth the trip.
Well this was sufficiently easy-going for a Monday. If you do this too, come and let me know so I can check it out!