Reading Laura’s post reminded me – It’s RIP time! Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings give us all an excuse to read those horror/mystery/thriller/dark fantasy books that we’ve been meaning to get to. It runs from now until October 31st. My lack of reading time is a concern, so I’m going to aim for Peril the Second, which means I’m going to aim to read two books. If I read more than that, then hooray for me.
My possible reads (some pictured here, some not):
- Misery by Stephen King – I was planning to read this in September anyways.
- Red Planet Blues by Robert J. Sawyer – It’s a detective story that takes place on Mars. Win.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley – Because I STILL have not read this, and hey wouldn’t it be nice to finally make some progress on that Classics Club list? Yes it would be.
- Bag of Bones by Stephen King – Another King novel I’ve heard great things about and should really finally get to. I believe it was on my pile last year, but I never started it.
- Locke & Key comics by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez
- Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
- random Joe Hill novellas / short stories I have on my Kindle (are we seeing a pattern here?)
- The Walking Dead comics by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore
- Kill City Blues by Richard Kadrey (part of the Sandman Slim series, I really need to catch up on it)
Well, I’m going to try! We’ll see what I can fit in. This along with some pumpkin lattes should get me in the mood for autumn 🙂 Are you signed up?
Any other creepy books or comics I should try out?