Good morning you guys! Quick update:
- Work was nuts last week – I put in a little over 60 hrs. I’M SO WORN OUT.
- I did celebrate the end of the work week by wearing my space cat shirt to work (I love it so much), and I also had a celebratory muffin for lunch on Friday because I was worrying for a few days that I was “late” and I’m very very happy to say that I am NOT pregnant. HOORAY! I don’t even care if that’s TMI, knowing that was like the highlight of my week.
- This weekend is also our Borderlands 2 weekend – tried to take a picture of it yesterday but it didn’t come out so well, but basically we have two tv’s and two game systems set up at our friends’ house, and we played for about 12-13 hours yesterday. It was AWESOME. I’m playing as Maya, the siren, which won’t really mean anything to you unless you are familiar with the game, but it’s working out pretty well (we have me as the siren, our friends as the commando and gunzerker, and the honeyman as the psycho). And we’re going back today for more, except we have to cut it short to go to a BBQ at the honeyman’s mom’s house. It’s a LOT of fun playing the crap out of that game.
- We have tomorrow off, and I’m going to use some of that time to work out (omg so much food this weekend), and catch up on blogging. I haven’t been able to check my blog reader in over a week, I have a bunch of reviews to write for books and comics, I’m really behind on replying to comments…
- What I really need is a few extra days off to catch up on everything. I still have about 7 vacation days to use, so I’m hoping to do that sometime in September. Not next week, but maybe the week after… we’ll see. Some stuff may be changing at work, but I don’t know yet.
- I used this month’s Audible credit on An Astronaut’s Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield, and it is fantastic so far. I almost went with Marvel Comics: The Untold Story by Sean Howe, but I played the sample and I don’t think I could have listened to that narrator for 18 hours.
- I haven’t even started to think about my Monthly TBR for September, but I’m going to aim for a smaller pile than normal, and more books I already own than library books. I keep getting distracted by the new shiny things that are available at the library, and I have SO MUCH to read on my shelves and on my Kindle.
Alright, and now it’s time to go get our Borderlands on. I just wanted to do a quick post to let you know I’m alive and around and miss all your faces. How’s your weekend going?