The last two weeks have kind of flown by. I’m gonna go bullet-style because there’s just a lot and also, I spent all my energy on a 5-mile run/walk this morning (which is not bragging, it’s more of a yay-I-did-something-physical today kind of thing, because damn… I need to work out more):
- We saw Guardians of the Galaxy!
I already want to re-watch it. It was fun, and I laughed a lot. And I was skeptical when they announced that there was going to be a sequel before the first movie even freaking came out, but now I’m really psyched to see it. Come on, 2017! I did start to read some of the comics, and I’m confused that two characters, Adam Warlock and Quasar, were left out… I’m wondering if they’ll be added in the second movie. Anyways, I highly recommend it.
- I really need to use Oyster more. I’m still in my free period of it, but I just don’t read on my phone that much. And I WANT to utilize Oyster more, because it was such a fantastic selection of books. Seriously, KINDLE FIRE. I need one. (I have been trying to make it a point to read a bit on my phone here and there… before work, or any waiting time, etc.)
- BookRiot is lauching a site just for comic books! It’s going to be called Panels, and it’ll be up in the fall, and I’m EXCITED. I am completely addicted to comics lately.
- I think I read faster on my Kindle. Maybe it just seems that way, because I can read it in bed, but it seems like a get through a book a bit faster when I read on it.
- Labor Day weekend we’re going to have a Borderlands 2 weekend with our friends (the ones we have game night with every week). We’re going to stay at their house for the whole weekend, orders tons of junk food, and play Borderlands 2 together with two XBOXs, two TVs, and two games so that we can each have half a screen while we play. It’s going to be amazingly awesome.
- I sent a letter this week to the judge assigned to dealing with my grandmother’s estate, stating that I’d like to officially disinherit myself and don’t want anything from her will. My grandma passed away over two years ago, and her will is still in probate because of how she wrote it and who deserves to get something out of it… It’s a mess. I’m done. And I feel hugely relieved.
- Work has been slow. Which in a way, is kind of nice. But in another way, it kind of sucks. I think I actually prefer being busy at work. And I’m missing just a little bit of the overtime.
- Gabby has been super lovey lately. Which obviously I’m a fan of. She’s such a weird cat, but she really just likes to be around us.
- Have any of you read anything by Morgan Llywelyn? I visited my dad this weekend, and he went on and on about one of her books and insists that I have to read it (Lion of Ireland was the one he was recommending). She seems like a big historical fiction writer… are they good?
- We’re starting to re-watch The Big Bang Theory, because I want to watch them all before season 7 comes out on DVD next month. It’s such a great show. And I recently listened to a Neil deGrasse Tyson podcast that featured Mayim Bialik (she plays Amy Farrah Fowler on the show) and they talked about how one of the great things about the show is that all of the characters have some sort of social issue, or they fall somewhere on the autism spectrum (Sheldon) – but they don’t try to diagnose or medicate the characters. These are all characters who the world would categorize as nerds, who maybe have a bit of OCD or some other sort of anxiety – but the show doesn’t pathologize them. Instead, they all have active social lives, they have rewarding careers and love interests, and are surrounded by friends that love them, and that’s an awesome thing. I’ve never actively thought about that before, but it is definitely one of the things that make me love the show. Also, I just love that it’s a group of people who love science, comics, video games, sci-fi – and it’s just FUNNY. Anyways, so yay. I’m excited to be watching them all again.
- Also, I really really want to watch Cosmos. I think I’m going to re-activate my Hulu account just so I can start it. Because I love space and science and physics, and I also love that Neil deGrasse Tyson and Seth MacFarlane put it together. Good job, guy that is usually known for making Family Guy. You are cooler than I originally thought.
I’m rambling now, and I really need to write the last How to Build a Girl post. I want to read, but I might as well just keep blogging since Gabby is hogging the couch right now. Cats.
How’s your weekend goin?